With over 125,000 members worldwide, AAT is one of the most reputable organisations in the finance industry.
Our suite of fully online distance learning AAT qualifications will equip you with the key financial skills that modern businesses are currently looking for.
With our award-winning online learning platform and outstanding learner support from qualified tutors and dedicated advisors, your accounting career can start here!
This course will prepare you with knowledge of SAGE 50 software resulting in a nationally recognised AAT qualification and a SAGE 50 certificate on successful completion of the exam.
All learning resources for this unit are provided by SAGE and you will log in to external software to work through this.
- SAGE 50 software
- Fully online learning resources
- First class dedicated tutor support that can be arranged seven days a week
- A personal learning mentor who will guide and support you through your course, from enrolment through to achieving your qualification
- Exam fees and a full exam booking service in your chosen centre
- You will achieve a SAGE 50 certificate upon completion in addition to your AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software.
- AAT annual membership* and registration
- Access to 'MyAAT' giving you a wealth of benefits including:
- NUS Card – The definitive student discount card, giving you a range of exclusive discounts from beauty to eating out, fashion and travel, and much more - UK Only
- Interactive career guidance, with tips direct from employers and an online CV builder
- Networking opportunities at 30 AAT events each year
- Access to the AAT social community across social networks and forums, making you the first to hear of accounting and finance news, events, and job opportunities.
* One exam entry fee per unit is included in the cost of this course. Any resits will be charged separately.
** Please note that AAT membership will be for one year only.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Unlike some qualifications, there are no entry requirements for AAT, and you do not need to be working in an accounts role. This means AAT is an ideal starting point for school and college leavers, or anyone considering a career change.
This unit can help to build your confidence before committing to the full accounting qualification. We can guide you through all three levels of AAT, taking you through the full qualification.
* Please note: if you have faced bankruptcy or have a criminal conviction your application may not be accepted.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Qualification gained: AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software (Level 2)
Training Course Content
Using Accounting Software
All learning resources for this course are provided by SAGE and you will log into external software to work through this. Throughout this course, you will discover how to:
- Enter accounting data at the beginning of an accounting period
- Record customer transactions
- Record supplier transactions
- Record and reconcile bank and cash transactions
- Be able to use journals to enter accounting transactions
- Produce reports
- Maintain the safety and security of data held in the computerised accounting system
On completion of this unit, you will sit a computer-based test at a local centre of your choice. By successfully completing the computer-based test you will achieve both the AAT Foundation Award in Accounting Software and the SAGE 50 certificate.
All AAT assessments are computer-based, and you have full flexibility to progress through the qualification at your own pace, with our dedicated support to help you every step of the way.
Assessments can be taken at centres local to you, and our dedicated bookings team will make all of the arrangements, removing any hassle and leaving you to focus on your studies. Please note, the test centre for this qualification must use SAGE 50 Software.
* One sitting per unit is included in the course fee. Re-sits will be charged separately.
The course cost includes all the learning resources and materials you will need to complete the course, as well as AAT membership and registration to one exam for each unit.
The Skills Network – Distance Learning Courses for Skills Development
The Skills Network is a market-leading training provider, delivering distance learning courses across a range of sectors. With a wide portfolio of highly flexible courses, The Skills Network supports employers and learners to develop their skills and achieve their goals. Whatever the...