Effective Procurement and Contract Selection (2 Part Web Class)The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Effective Procurement and Contract Selection - 2 Part Web Class
In this brand new training course, ensure you are confident in your procurement process, and are well prepared to select and manage the appropriate contract for clients, contractors and consultants.
If you’re a project manager or involved in the management or delivery of construction projects this is an ideal course to gain valuable practical knowledge and best practice on how to procure construction works, how to manage tender processes and then how ensure that the right contract for your project is managed and administered correctly.
We will cover the main forms of procurement used around the world and why we use them, to give you insight into global processes. You’ll then learn best practice in managing the tender process, followed by a discussion with your trainer and fellow delegates on the main types of contract being used today and how you should administer them to ensure your projects are successful.
As well as broadening your skills and knowledge in this key area, you will also be able to assure your clients that correct procedures are being followed and projects should run on time and within cost.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Project Managers/Assistant Project Managers
- Professional/Assistant QS/Building Surveyors
- APC candidates on the QS, Building Surveying, and Built Infrastructure pathways
- Development Managers
- Project Controllers
- Contract Managers/Assistant Contract Managers
- Property Managers
- Architect/Assistant Architects
- Compliance Teams
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This is a brand new training format from RICS, giving you more interactive contact time with your expert trainer. You will also have some post class work with individual feedback, enriching your experience and ensuring you have confidence in applying what you have learnt.
The course will be fully interactive, comprising different activities and elements. It will make up a total of 4.5 CPD hours.
The following is all included within the course price.
- Pre-course reading list for you to keep and refer back to
- First web class – We will have a course overview, then concentrate on procurement and tendering best practice
- Short case study activity to do in the week between the two classes. You will upload this to the online course area and discuss it with your trainer and fellow delegates
- Second web class to expand your learning – We will look at contract selection, the various types and suites commonly available and then look at course administration
- Q&A with the trainer and opportunity to interact with fellow delegates during each class
- 10 question multiple choice quiz to test what you’ve learnt. You will have two attempts to get 70%
- Certificate of completion - learners will also receive a certificate of course completion confirming they have successfully completed and passed the
RICS member: £99 + VAT
Non member: £130 + VAT
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS):
World's leading professional body for qualifications in land, property and construction
RICS is professional, independent organisation with more than 118,000 qualified members and over 50,000 students and trainees in over 140 countries, established in the UK by Royal Charter. It is committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity...