Develop the skills and knowledge you need to successfully apply the law of adjudication to the construction industry and seek fee-earning work as an Adjudicator. The RICS Diploma in Adjudication in Construction has been designed to provide you with the necessary in-depth knowledge of the legal principles and how to apply these to the adjudication process.
The diploma covers:
- How the law of contract is applied to the practice of adjudication
- How the law of tort is applied to the practice of adjudication
- The practical application in the production of an enforceable decision
- Knowledge and understanding of the nature of law and its place in society
Suitability - Who should attend?
To qualify as an Adjudicator and to be eligible for CIArb fellowship, you need to undertake the whole diploma, the certificate will be of particular benefit to those wishing to understand the adjudication process in detail or represent parties.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
420 Hours Formal CPD
On successful completion of this Level 5 qualification, you will meet the relevant National Occupational Standards and be able to seek fee-earning work as an Adjudicator. Your details will be retained in a pool that will be considered for vacancies on the RICS president’s Panel of Adjudicators (subject to any further assessment or mentoring that is considered appropriate) as and when they arise.
Training Course Content
- Law of contract, tort and evidence: you will learn to appreciate how these laws apply to the practice of adjudication
- Outline the process of commencing, planning and running an adjudication case
- Learn the skills you need to represent a party at adjudication
- Gain an advanced level understanding of the application of law of contract and tort to adjudication
- Completely run adjudication proceedings
- Write an accurate, reasoned and enforceable decision
Full Course £3,940 + VAT
Certificate Unit 1
Starts: 14 June 2017
Certificate Unit 2
Starts: 20 December 2017
Certificate Unit 3
Starts: 14 March 2018
Diploma (Unit 4)
Starts: 20 June 2018
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS):
World's leading professional body for qualifications in land, property and construction
RICS is professional, independent organisation with more than 118,000 qualified members and over 50,000 students and trainees in over 140 countries, established in the UK by Royal Charter. It is committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity...