Certificate in Residential Real EstateThe Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
Certificate in Residential Real Estate
Gain core skills and knowledge needed by people working with residential real estate. Study practical examples and case studies, and learn from experienced industry professionals.
Residential property plays a vitally important role in society. In addition to its primary purpose of meeting the housing requirements of the population it is also a growing investment asset class.
Given the importance of housing in society, it is essential that the market is supported by qualified professionals who can ensure the industry operates smoothly and in line with recognized standards of practice.
In this course, we will cover the core skills required by residential chartered surveyors, focussing on core competencies identified by RICS’ industry expertise. This includes the principles and best practice related to activities like inspecting properties, valuing properties, letting and leasing and many more.
The course will last seven months and will use a combination of online learning tools and case studies to support the learning and will be extremely valuable to those looking to gain full MRICS membership or to gain fundamental skills required to work in the residential property market.
You can enrol on this course at any time.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Work in the residential real estate sector and want to progress in the industry
- Need an in-depth understanding of how residential properties are managed and valued, but aren’t ready to commit to an APC
- Are studying the APC residential pathway and need support with the technical modules on your pathway
- Have invested in or are thinking about investing in, a residential property portfolio
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Find out how residential properties are valued, and what can affect that value
- Learn how to apply valuation methods, inspection and measurement techniques
- Learn to recognise common defects and issues around housing maintenance, repairs and improvements.
- Learn how to manage a residential property portfolio
- Learn how the residential letting market works and what legal compliance is required.
64 Hours Formal CPD
Training Course Content
Introduction to the course
- Building Pathology
- Purchase and Sale
- Housing maintenance, repair and improvements
- Property Management
Revision Module: Course revision and exam
RICS Members: £1320 + VAT
Non RICS Members: £1560 + VAT
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS):
World's leading professional body for qualifications in land, property and construction
RICS is professional, independent organisation with more than 118,000 qualified members and over 50,000 students and trainees in over 140 countries, established in the UK by Royal Charter. It is committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity...