Certificate in Building Surveying Practice - Online Course
As one of the largest areas in surveying practice, building surveying covers a wide range of professional roles. Learn the core principles of practice that will demonstrate your ability to perform in a Building Surveying role.
As one of the largest areas in surveying practice, building surveying covers a wide range of professional roles. You will be asked to provide a variety of services related to the maintenance and care of buildings, and will work in areas such as building design, refurbishment or alteration, as well as other construction and property matters.
As such, grasping crucial knowledge of construction technology, contracts and building pathology is vital in order to demonstrate your ability in building surveying practice. In our course, you will learn the core principles of practice related to contract administration, construction and environmental services, design and specification, inspection and legal and regulatory compliance.
Training in these key areas will furnish you with important knowledge and techniques for this multi-disciplined industry and will give you a practical skill set with which to implement key building surveying techniques.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Work in the Building Surveying sector who is looking to gain core knowledge and skills required in the industry
- Need an in-depth understanding of how to inspect and maintain built environment assets or act as a Contract Administrator, but aren’t ready to commit to an APC
- Studying the APC Building Surveying pathway and need support with the technical modules on your pathway.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
48 Hours Formal CPD
- Evaluate the different stages and process of design and construction works from inception to completion
- Recognise the functional requirements and performance of building materials and components, including typical defects, causes of failure, likely results and appropriate remedial measures
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of the contract administrator and implement necessary procedures
- Establish relevant requirements and techniques for carrying out property inspections
- Recognise the legal/regulatory requirements for surveying, including regulations and guidance for health and safety
Training Course Content
Introduction to Building Surveying
- Construction technology and environmental services
- Design and specification
- Building Pathology
- Contract administration
- Legal/regulatory compliance and property management
Review and reflect
RICS member: £915 + VAT
Non member: £1099+ VAT
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS):
World's leading professional body for qualifications in land, property and construction
RICS is professional, independent organisation with more than 118,000 qualified members and over 50,000 students and trainees in over 140 countries, established in the UK by Royal Charter. It is committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity...