Design for Additive ManufacturingThe MTC - Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre Limited
Design for Additive Manufacturing
This highly interactive online learning course will provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to be able to exploit the design freedom of Additive Manufacturing and take a design from conception through to AM processing.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This is aimed at Design Engineers who are interested in adopting Additive Manufacturing.
Training Course Content
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between the old DfM/DfF rules and the new DfAM philosophy.
- Consider the new business models and opportunities which DfAM allows.
- Explain the ways DfAM can be used to add value including lightweighting, part consolidation and complex internal geometries.
- Define the available materials and processes and determine the factors which influence their suitability for a given design.
- State the opportunities for Reverse Engineering in AM.
- Apply AM design considerations to specific design features.
- Simulate Topology Optimisation for an AM part and explain the unique benefits of using this process with AM.
- Consider the design implications for later stages in the manufacturing process including post-processing and inspection.
- Identify the uses of simulation in Design for Function and Design for Manufacturability in AM.
- Recognise the file types, data workflow and possible upcoming changes to AM digital thread.
- Compare the overall workflow of DfAM with conventional manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) was established in 2010 as an independent Research & Technology Organisation (RTO) with the objective of bridging the gap between academia and industry – often referred to as ‘the valley of death’. At the Advanced Manufacturing Training...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.