IDM Professional Certificate in SEO and PPC - Online Course
Become a specialist in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Pay per Click (PPC). Build an integrated search marketing strategy; learn how to improve natural search results and paid search ROI.
During your Qualification in SEO and PPC, you will learn to:
- Understand what Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is.
- Understand the importance of an integrated SEM.
- Master Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Understand the set up and management of Pay per Click (PPC) marketing.
- Assess how to measure and demonstrate your performance
Intensive – Central London
2 days face-to-face sessions which take place at the IDM offices in Central London. The exact location of our courses vary, so please make sure you check before attending.
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials. For more information call 020 8614 0277.
This programme can be fully customised and delivered to your staff in-house. For more information visit theidm.com/corporate.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Choose this Professional Certificate to understand SEO and PPC in detail, and use and refine each for better ROI.
Training Course Content
This qualification is made up of 9 modules. You will also be required to complete 2 x one hour online exams
Module 1: An introduction to Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Understand what search marketing is.
- Identify the most important search engines.
- Learn about SEO and PPC and why you should use them.
- Understand how search is changing.
Module 2: Setting your strategy
- Learn about the importance of having a search strategy in place.
- Understand how to develop your search strategy.
- Assess what a successful strategy should deliver.
Module 3: The fundamentals of search marketing
- Understand how SEO works.
- Understand what keyword research is and how to research keywords.
- Learn what keywords to use in your search marketing.
- Understand how search terms vary along the path to purchase.
Module 4: What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
- Understand how search engines find pages to include in results.
- Learn how to improve indexation.
- Explore the ways your site structure can be more search friendly.
- Understand what duplication is.
Module 5: How can you optimise your site?
- Understand what onsite elements influence your search rankings.
- Learn what you can do to improve your URLs.
- Identify factors to consider when creating title tags.
- Understand how to optimise body text.
Module 6: What is Pay per Click (PPC) marketing?
- Understand how PPC works.
- Understand how you advertise on search engines.
- Understand how paid search positions are decided.
- Learn how to choose paid search keywords.
- Understand what retargeting and remarketing is.
- Understand why retargeting might be useful for companies.
Module 7: Further paid search opportunities
- Understand what paid search extensions and mobile app extensions are.
- Learn how to create a powerful ad.
- Understand what an allowable CPC and CPA are.
- Learn how agencies and freelancers charge for PPC.
Module 8: Measuring your search marketing
- Learn the most common search marketing KPIs.
- Learn how to choose the right metrics.
- Understand what a good search marketing report should include.
- Understand what attribution and search marketing modelling is.
Module 9: Revision
- Summary of key learning objectives.
- Review of the examination process (overview of Paper 1 and 2).
The cost of this training course £1,500 + VAT per delegate for Face to Face and £995 + VAT per delegate for Online
The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...