IDM Award in Data-Driven Marketing(Award DDM)
Learn the key principles of Data-Driven Marketing with this IDM Online Award, designed for those new to the profession or who need to expand their marketing skill set
During your qualification in Data-Driven Marketing, you will learn:
- The roles and benefits of direct marketing channels and how to deliver a successful data-driven campaign
- How to plan a data capture strategy
- Research, plan, implement, test and measure data-driven campaigns
- Confidently plan an integrated data-driven marketing plan
Suitability - Who should attend?
Learn the principles of Data-Driven Marketing, to plan, build and refine effective digital campaigns based on data insights.
The IDM Awards provide thorough grounding in a chosen subject area. Recommended for those new to marketing or looking to refresh their knowledge in the fundamentals.
Training Course Content
This qualification is made up of 9 modules. You will also be required to complete one exam.
Module 1: Overview of integrated direct marketing communications
- The principal direct channels available to marketers, and how they are used today
- The key tasks demanded of current marketing - and how an integrated approach is well-fitted to these
Module 2: Direct marketing channels
- How to use direct mail, door-to-door, inserts, printed media, direct response TV (DRTV), direct response radio, and telemarketing for best practice.
Module 2: Digital marketing channels
- The role of digital marketing and the online value proposition
- An understanding of the key digital channels: search marketing, display advertising, email, social media marketing, mobile and affiliate marketing
Module 4: Database marketing
- Creating a clear data strategy
- Identifying what data you need to deliver your marketing goals
- Building knowledge of legal and regulatory constraints around use of personal data
- Permission marketing and CRM best practices: obtaining and maintaining consent
Module 5: Data analysis
- Using profiling to extract simple insight from your data
- Improving your targeting through the use of segmentation and personas
- Adding to your customer understanding through market research
Module 6: Data-Driven Marketing Communications Planning
- Performing a situation analysis
- SMART objectives setting
- Campaign management and evaluation
Module 7: Campaign Planning
- The ability to use the key planning tools
- Understanding the different techniques to deliver acquisition and retention campaigns
- The key differences between B2B and B2C marketing
Module 8: Testing
- An awareness of what can be tested and in what order
- Knowing the key steps in developing a test programme
- Understanding the challenges of measuring tests in multichannel campaigns
Module 9: Creative Briefing
- Understanding the importance of a good creative brief
- Knowing how to prepare and deliver a good creative brief
- Understanding how to evaluate creative work
The cost of this qualification programme is £295 + VAT per delegate.
The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...