IDM Award in Data & Analysis (Award DM)
Get qualified as a data marketing expert and gain the skills and confidence to define your organisation’s data strategy with our Award in Data.
During your Qualification in Data, you will learn to:
- Identify the drivers of value, risk and cost in data used by the marketing department
- Plan your organisational strategy for data collection, permissioning and management
- Understand how data drives marketing and the impact of data quality
- Create an effective data management strategy
- Construct a data strategy that adheres to current and forthcoming legislation and regulation
- Build a secure data management culture that enables marketing innovation
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials. For more information call 020 8614 0277.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Develop a thorough grounding in Data & Analysis, with enough information to build an effective data strategy.
The IDM Awards provide thorough grounding in a chosen subject area. Recommended for those new to marketing or looking to refresh their knowledge in the fundamentals.
Training Course Content
This qualification is made up of 8 modules. You will also be required to complete one online assessment.
Module 1: Defining data
Learning objective: To understand the basics of marketing data and its role and importance within your business
- Understand what data is and where it comes from
- Assess the role and importance of data within a business
- Identify some key techniques for adding value to data
- Understand how to classify data according to reliability, stability and content
- Gain awareness of key data types and sources
Module 2: Data quality
Learning objective: To understand the key concepts of data quality
- Understand why data quality is important in sustaining your business
- Assess what good data quality loos like
- Identify the origins of poor quality data
- Evaluate the impact that poor data quality can have over your business
- Understand how to move towards a single customer view
Module 3: Data management
Learning objective: To understand how manage data and data quality issues
- Appreciate the reasons for managing data quality
- Understand good and bad data management practices
- Identify the key components of data quality improvement
- Appreciate the value to the business of data quality improvement
- Understand practical techniques for cleansing your data
- Assess the maturity of your organisation in respect of data quality management
Module 4: Database structures
Learning objective: To understand the role of the database and how to plan/build one.
- Identify the role of a database.
- Appreciate the different types of database structures.
- Understand how to plan and build a database.
Module 5: Data – preparation and mining
Learning objective: To help you understand the role of technology in managing data
- Understand the importance of data preparation.
- Recognise the different types of data (internal and external) that support analytical processes, including data profiling.
- Identify the role of data mining and how it can be used to generate insight
Module 6: Data – segmentation and predictive modelling
Learning objective: To help you understand segmentation and predictive modelling
- Appreciate the role of segmentation and predictive modelling when trying to glean insights from your data.
- Understand the range of statistical techniques you can use to understand your data better
Module 7: Data security
Learning objective: To assess the importance of data security for your business
- Understand the three core principles of data and information security; confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Assess what good data security looks like in practice
- Manage and measure the risks related to data security
- Understand how to handle a data security breach
- Evaluate the cost and damage to your business of getting data security wrong
Module 8: Data governance
Learning objective: To understand why good data governance is essential and how to accurately assess your own organisation’s current data capability on the Data Governance Maturity Model
- Understand what data governance is and why it’s important to your organisation
- Review the impact of inadequate data governance
- Understand your organisation’s current data capability
- Plot your position on the Data Governance Maturity Model and monitor your progress
- Organise for successful data governance and data management
- Develop and implement a successful data governance strategy
- Appreciate the legal and regulatory regime which governs personal data, particularly the GDPR
The cost of this course is £295 + VAT per participant.
The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
IDM is the trusted training partner for hundreds of leading brands, from over 30 countries. For more than 30 years they’ve trained over 100,000 delegates, helping them improve their marketing performance, from their first steps on the career ladder to...