Customer-Centric Pricing Strategies for Telcos - 2-day Programme
The implementation of customer-centric pricing requires that companies assess the value that they create for customers and extract that value from the marketplace. Companies must simultaneously and continuously assess product attributes, customer perceptions, and circumstances of time and place by making note of customer actions.
This two-day programme was created to teach participants how to design and implement an effective pricing strategy focused on customer value and to optimise revenues and profitability for the long term. The course uses case studies and benchmarks from the telecoms sector and others in order to demonstrate best practices on maximising the use of pricing.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This is a course is for anyone looking to understand the complex nature of pricing strategies in modern Telcos. A basic understanding of telecommunications is an advantage, but not essential.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will develop knowledge in the following areas:
- Introduction: the impact of changing customer value perceptions on the long-term viability of telecoms organizations
- Key Pricing Tools: pricing managers need key skills to understand customers and develop pricing strategies to position products in their own portfolio and against the competition
- Pricing and the Customer: price is one of the key customer touch points – a medium through which the customer experiences, and develops a perception of, the company and its products. That key customer touch point needs careful and deliberate management
- Customer Value Management: products and customers have lifecycles and the role of pricing changes over time. Again, this requires careful and deliberate management
Training Course Content
Market Trends and their Implications for Pricing
- Transition from voice to data
- OTT – threat or opportunity?
- The importance of customer focus
The Pricing Manager’s Toolbox
- Knowing your customer – use of internal and external data
- Price Elasticity of Demand
- The Price-Value Map
- Costs and Incremental Costs
- Case Studies
- The changing nature of competition
- Information gathering: primary and secondary research
- The Price-Value Map: Analysing own and competitive products
- Strategic Thinking
Pricing and Product Positioning
- Skim Pricing: more than most people are prepared to pay
- Neutral: When other features are more important
- Penetration: less than most people are prepared to pay
- Self-select packages
- Initial discounts
- Loyalty/Retention schemes
Pricing “Touch points”
- Customer Lifetime Value
- Before purchase
- The initial purchase
- Usage – “My Operator”
The Product Life Cycle
- Early Adopters
The cost of this programme is £1225 + VAT per participant.
Early bird and multi-booking discounts are available for all of Telecoms Academy's courses.
Telecoms and Tech Academy
Telecoms & Tech Academy (formally Telecoms Academy) is part of KNect365 Learning. We are borne out of Informa’s rich history enhancing individuals and businesses with knowledge. Our global network allows us to tap into unique resources and networks. We provides the...