“Mind the Gap” - Effective Risk ManagementTailwind Project Solutions Ltd
“Mind the Gap” - Effective Risk Management
“Risk management is Project management for grown-ups”! So says the maxim.
There is in fact much truth in this. In a context with a good project management level of maturity, risk management really changes the way we act and in which we run our projects. This in turn enables a measurably higher return on project investment, and in projects completed on time and in budget.
This workshop will focus on risk management processes across the whole Project Life Cycle (PLC), according to the PMBOK® globally acknowledged best practices.
- We will focus on understanding what risks are, and what kind of risks may impact a project. Starting with the project charter at the beginning of the identification phase, we will underline the importance of dealing with risks right from the start of the project.
- We will then introduce the key project risk management process elements:
risk analysis (qualitative and quantitative) and assessment,
risk response planning and risk monitoring.
- We will then follow the process using a case study and learn the key tools to use in each phase.
- We will see how executing the response actions fits into the overall project execution strategies, improving the overall project efficiency and flexibility.
- Finally, we will learn the risk monitoring tools and techniques which enable project managers to create early warning flags, and to coherently track their open contingencies.
Tailwind Project Solutions Ltd
In aerodynamics, a tailwind is the dynamic that gets aircraft and it's passengers to their destinations faster. It’s the unseen force that moves in-flight vehicles more quickly, providing them with an advantage. Tailwind Project Solutions' proposition is to make it...