3ds Max for Revit UsersSymetri Ltd
3ds Max for Revit Users
All available course dates
3ds Max for Revit Users
This course will prepare you for the world of 3D rendering and animation. You will use 3ds Max to create 3D solids and surfaces, customised lights and materials, and fully rendered animations. You will learn how to optimize and prepare 2D CAD drawings or 3D models (i.e., Revit) for export for 3ds MAX work as well as lighting and mapping techniques used with different models. If you want to go beyond Revit’s rendering and visualisation capabilities, our 3ds Max for Revit Users course is your opportunity.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Revit essential skills, any discipline.
All Revit users.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Benefits of 3ds Max Training
- Develop a joint modelling strategy
- Create dynamic compositions
- Create dynamic animations
- Work with an expert in both Revit and 3ds Max
As a result of attending this training you will understand how to prepare your Revit model for exporting to 3ds Max, maximise efficiency through correct scene organisation, share material information between Revit and 3ds Max, understand lighting application in various real-world scenarios, create dynamic compositions using static and moving cameras, create dynamic animations and make successful renderings.
After completing the course, you can log into your personal student account and download your official Autodesk Certificate of Completion.
Training Course Content
- Navigate the interface
- Set preferences and the project folder, configure paths
- Control and configure viewport display
- Understand object selection methods and units setup
- Prepare the Revit model for 3ds MAX – best practices
- Understand linking options – the arguments for and against FBX and RVT file formats
- Make sure material assignments are correctly detailed across the workflow
- Look at specific areas in your model and decide if they should be done in Revit or 3ds Max
- Link and import files, link to an AutoCAD DWG, link to a Revit file
- Work with materials and maps, create a material library, map materials to geometry
- Understand mapping coordinates and scale
- Get started with lighting -- local vs. global illumination, standard lighting, shadow types
- Use photometric light objects, exposure control, daytime lighting
- Conduct a lighting analysis
- Control rendering quality and speed
- Add a sky portal for interior lighting from daylight
- Combine rendering and cameras -- camera types, parameters, effects and composition
- Use rendering options and presets, background images
- Render to the cloud with Autodesk 360
- Create an animation, use time controls
- Create a walkthrough animation using turntables and keyframes
- Create a shadow study animation
Enquire for pricing information
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Symetri are the largest Autodesk Authorised Training Centre in the UK, we provide training both in the classroom and virtually, all of our instructors are authorised instructors and have many years of experience in both industry and education. Whatever Autodesk...