Diploma in Agricultural Pest Control - Level 4South London College
Pest control is very crucial in agriculture to protect crops from pests and to increase food production. However, a proper pest control administration requires extensive knowledge and skills, and this Diploma in Agricultural Pest Control – Level 4 has been developed to equip you with just that. This comprehensive course will sizably educate you on pest control and pest controlling activities to help you kick start a successful career in agriculture or to level up your career within the industry.
This Ofqual regulated course will first lay the fundamentals of pest control and pesticide controls. You will explore the common pesticide application methods to properly administer them in crops and harvest, followed by modules that will disclose the various safety and health measures that has to be practiced while implementing pest control in agriculture.
This course is a wonderful opportunity for you to get your hands on the EPA and WPS required training for agriculture. This course will also discuss about beneficial insect identification to further enhance your knowledge on pest control. By the end of this course, you will possess all what it takes to properly administer pest control for your agricultural crops.
Eligible for TOTUM card - TOTUM is the #1 student discount card and app giving you access to exclusive student deals on food and fashion, tech and travel and everything in between.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who Is This Course Aimed at?
- Job seekers
- Other professionals related to agricultural pest control
- Anyone willing to learn more about agricultural pest control
- Learners should be age 19 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
- A recognised qualification at level 3 or above in any discipline.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).Course Code: QLS-04870
Training Course Content
- Pesticide Fundamentals Introduction
- Agricultural Pesticide Application Information
- Common Pesticide Applications And Methods
- Epa Required Training Citation Section
- Ppe, Safety And Health Section
- Wps Required Training Section
- Beneficial Insect Identification
- Honey Bee Detailed Section
- Africanized Honey Bee Section
- Modern European Bee Hive Section
- Bee Control Section
- Bee-Related Inspections Section
- Wasp Identification Section
- Common Crop Insects And Pesticide Controls
- Cotton Insect And Related Pest Identification
- 1 Node Ant Identification And Control Section
- 2 Node Ant Identification And Control Section
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
In order to complete the Diploma in Agricultural Pest Control - Level 4 successfully, all students are required to complete a series of assignments. The completed assignments must be submitted via the online portal. Your instructor will review and evaluate your work and provide your feedback based on how well you have completed your assignments.
This certificate will improve your candidature for a number of jobs in agriculture or pest control. You can also use this certificate to progress in your employment or to assist in your higher studies.
- Farmers – £8.57 per hour
- Farm Workers – £8.39 per hour
- Farm Manager – £27,636 per annum
- Pest Control Technician – £18,743 per annum
- Agricultural Engineer – £8,99 per hour
South London College is a well-established Professional online education provider in the United Kingdom and it aims to meet the employment needs of the youth and people in the United Kingdom and other parts of the world. South London College...