MSc in Risk and Safety Management (e-learning/open)
MSc in Risk and Safety Management - distance learning (online) postgraduate risk management programme
The consistent shortage of professionals qualified in risk and safety management makes this comprehensive Master of Science (MSc) in Risk and Safety Management an ideal way to join a dynamic and growing industry.
The most comprehensive of the postgraduate qualifications offered by Risktec, the MSc requires students to complete 12 modules (120 credits) plus an academic project worth 60 credits. Delivered by highly experienced teachers and kept up-to-date with changing legislation, standards and industry standards, it is designed to develop your practical skills in:
- Justifying the use of risk assessment in relation to its drivers & objectives
- Selecting and evaluating a range of different risk management tools & techniques
- Developing solutions to real-life risk management issues
- Approaching risk management with a critical attitude
- Ensuring that risk is communicated effectively
In addition to developing your self-learning abilities, the highly topical mix of course subjects addressed in this distance learning qualification will help transform you into a skilled risk professional, demonstrating your commitment to the risk management profession.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The MSc in Risk and Safety Management is designed for anyone looking to implement practical risk management in major hazard industries including oil and gas, petrochemical, nuclear and mining. This may include:
- Aspiring risk and safety management professionals looking to gain a formal qualification that improves their career prospects;
- Professionals looking to move into the industry from related fields;
- Existing risk practitioners seeking formal recognition of their hard-earned experience.
Candidates must have a relevant Bachelor degree or 5+ years of relevant work experience. They must also have proven English language capability and broadband Internet access.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Students who complete the course and all relevant assessments, including the MSc project and dissertation, will receive an MSc in Risk and Safety Management validated by Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU).
Training Course Content
Students are required to complete 12 modules (6 from the PgCert syllabus and 6 from the PgDip) and an MSc Project to gain the 180 credits required.
The modules include:
- Principles of Risk Management
- Research Methods in Risk and Safety Management
- Hazard Identification
- Risk Analysis
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Management Systems
- Risk Reduction and ALARP
- Culture, Behaviour and Competency
- HAZOP Study or Physical Effects Modelling
- Bowtie Risk Management
- Workplace Safety
- Human Factors in Design and Operations
- Safety/HSE Cases or Incident Investigation and Analysis
Early booking discounts are available.
Course format & materials
Enrolment on the course gives students access to the Risktec Online learning environment. The module material includes slides and explanatory notes plus references to further reading and useful websites. Students engage in online activities including tests, discussions and group tasks. Support from the module teacher is available throughout the programme.
The MSc project is selected in consultation with Risktec and LJMU. Students are guided in selecting a state-of-the-art topic in risk and safety management that is of real interest to current and prospective employers. The student liaises with an academic (LJMU) and industrial (Risktec) supervisor throughout the project.
Other training formats
The MSc is also available as a private, customisable course for corporate clients (face-to-face, blended learning or distance learning).
Provider: Risktec Solutions
Risktec Solutions - Specialist Risk Management Consultancy & Training Provider, part of the TÜV Rheinland Group
With headquarters in Warrington and local offices across the UK, Middle East, Far East and North America, Risktec is a specialist provider of risk management and safety training for companies all over the world. As part of the TÜV Rheinland Group, Risktec operates...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.