Bowtie Risk Management (e-learning/open)
Bowtie Risk Management: Introduction to the Bow-tie methodology and BowTieXP - Online Course
This Bowtie Risk Management course delivers a solid introduction to the bow-tie method and BowTieXP software.
With unparalleled experience in applying bow-ties across all the major hazard industries, Risktec's expert trainers have created a programme to instruct delegates in:
- The importance of identifying risk controls
- The principles of the bowtie methodology
- How bowties fit into the risk management philosophy
- Best practice in bowtie development
- Using the BowTieXP software to develop bowties
- The practical use of bowties
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone looking to develop their knowledge of the bowtie methodology and basic use of the BowTieXP software. It is suitable for those operating in any major hazard industry, including:
- Oil & Gas
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The course is available as a private, customisable course for corporate clients (face-to-face or blended learning). The face-to-face version of the course typically lasts 2 days. It is also available as a distance learning module - standalone, as part of the CPD (Continuous Professional Development) programmes or part of the Postgraduate Education programmes awarded by Liverpool John Moores University.
Training Course Content
The content outline is as follows:
Introduction to the Bow-tie Methodology and BowTieXP Theory
- Major accidents and the origin of bow-ties
- Risk evaluation and management principles
- Bow-tie methodology
- Where bow-ties fit in
- High level bow-tie rule sets
- Getting started with BowTieXP software
- Building bow-ties
- Best practices for effective analysis
- Identifying shortfalls and improvements
- Summary and review of learning
Advanced Methods in BowTieXP (Optional)
- Identifying SCEs and HSE Critical Activities
- Building HSE Critical Tasks and linking them to barriers
- Categorising and colour coding barriers
- Customising display options
- Creating and utilising lookup tables
- Creating reports and printing
- Practical uses of Bow-Tie methodology
Other training formats
The course is also available as a private, customisable course for corporate clients (face-to-face or blended learning). The face-to-face version of the course typically lasts 2 days.
Provider: Risktec Solutions
Risktec Solutions - Specialist Risk Management Consultancy & Training Provider, part of the TÜV Rheinland Group
With headquarters in Warrington and local offices across the UK, Middle East, Far East and North America, Risktec is a specialist provider of risk management and safety training for companies all over the world. As part of the TÜV Rheinland Group, Risktec operates...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.