The life science sector is advancing ever closer towards a more data centric approach to drug discovery, development, clinical trials, manufacturing/processing and customer insights. The large amounts of data within life sciences presents many benefits however, there are still many challenges in managing, analysing and sharing data.
This 2-day course is designed to teach basic concepts, skills and tools for working more effectively with data, using a combination of tools with a focus on R. You will have the opportunity to cement this information through a comprehensive case study on the second day, designed around your motivations for attending the course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is intended for all professionals in life sciences, including pharma and biotech, at all career stages and is designed for learners with little to no prior knowledge of data science and programming. The aim is to provide you with the fundamental principles in data science which can be applied in your day to day role.
Training Course Content
- Understand how to use spreadsheet programs (such as Excel) more effectively, and the limitations of such programs
- Gain an introductory overview of data analytic software (R) that is free to use, meaning you will be able to apply you new data skills back in the workplace
- Learn effective methods for extracting data from spreadsheets and into more powerful tools (R)
- Practically experience techniques for data management and manipulation
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of data visualization using R
- Efficiently conduct workflows and automating repetitive tasks, in particular using the command line shell
This course costs £1,595 + VAT
PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International - Training for the Pharma Industry
PTI is the global leader in professional education for the pharmaceutical industry, delivering a broad course portfolio that covers the industry spectrum: R&D, Clinical Development, Generics, Bio-pharmaceuticals, fine Chemicals, Agro-chemicals, Medical Devices, Animal Health, Manufacturing and Regulations. PTI's open courses,...