A Practical Guide to Selecting Co-Formulants for Agrochemical FormulationPTI
Agrochemical formulation products contain different ingredients. The main function of the formulation is elicited by its active ingredient, however, this is co-formulated with different adjuvants and inerts to support the function of the active, as well as improving aspects such as: safety, biodelivery and storage. Often challenging for formulators is understanding compatibility issues between different actives and co-formulants.
This 6 module course will guide you through the important aspects which influence the selection of co-formulants for your formulation design, including: underlying chemical principles and biodelivery considerations. Delivered by an industry expert using practical case studies, this course will leave you in a stronger position to design formulations – knowledge which can save you time and money.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at those with more experience of agrochemicals, who wish to further their understanding of the underlying science of formulation design.
Applicable departments may include:
- Formulation Chemistry
- Agricultural Chemists
- Manufacturers (of AIs or adjuvants)
- Agrochemical Formulation Research & Development
Training Course Content
You will learn to:
- Re-familiarise yourself with the main dry and liquid formulation types, as well as some of the main actives and co-formulants within them
- Examine the factors that influence the choice of formulation type, such as: end-user application and chemical properties of the active
- Understand key physio-chemical characteristics affecting compatibility between actives and co-formulants by formulation type
- Apply your knowledge using case study examples
PTI - Pharmaceutical Training International - Training for the Pharma Industry
PTI is the global leader in professional education for the pharmaceutical industry, delivering a broad course portfolio that covers the industry spectrum: R&D, Clinical Development, Generics, Bio-pharmaceuticals, fine Chemicals, Agro-chemicals, Medical Devices, Animal Health, Manufacturing and Regulations. PTI's open courses,...