Digital SkillsPitman Training Group
Digital Skills - Blended, Distance Learning, In Centre
Pitman Training’s online Digital Skills course is perfect for anyone who wishes to gain an understanding and grounding in using the internet, online safety as well as broader digital skills including digital photography, social networking, digital media and many more.
- Learn about various digital skills
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace
- The opportunity to gain the BCS qualification
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course has been designed for those who want to gain introductory skills in a variety of digital media. There are no prerequisites, but basic computer knowledge would be helpful
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The course is designed for those with little or no previous digital experience. It would suit those with aspirations to work within and office environment, for instance in roles such as receptionist or admin assistant.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- How to start a computer and understand the different hardware.
- Learning about some of the terminology used.
- How to organise files by creating, copying and pasting or deleting.
- The basic skills required to setup, edit and print documents. How to search for information and make purchases online.
- Using email and communicating online.
- How to speak to family and friends for free using Skype.
- Staying safe online from viruses and protecting personal information.
- How to use parental controls. How to use a digital video camera’s basic functions and features.
- Importing clips from a video camera and start video editing.
- Simple editing techniques.
- How to add audio tracks and still images.
- Enhancing video by adding titles and transitions.
- Sharing video by producing DVDs or publishing on the internet. How to set-up and use a digital camera and its basic functions and features.
- Using photo software to update, arrange and organise their photos into folders.
- How to do basic editing and use imaging skills to enhance photos.
- Sharing photos through slideshows or by publishing on the web. How to set up a digital music device, play music and work with the computer.
- Using software to add to and update their music collection.
- How to transfer music files from CD with full song and artist details.
- Understanding different functions and setting on their music player.
- How to search for and purchase music from an online store. Learning about what social networking is.
- What a personal profile is and how online groups are organised.
- Common features of social networking sites such as catching up with friends, sharing the latest news, posting photos and uploading videos.
- Understanding the concept of unsolicited mail and how to deal with spam.
- Copyright laws and how they relate to the internet.
Contact Pitman Training for information on price
Pitman Training offers a unique combination of benefits to students, giving them a training experience that will boost confidence and enhance skills, whether you are interested in secretarial, Microsoft Office, keyboard skills, book-keeping and accounts or IT training. Sir Isaac Pitman...