Unit 1: Studying and Recording Animal Behaviour
- What is animal behaviour?
- The study of animal behaviour
- Methods and recording
Unit 2: Prey vs. Predator
- The food chain
- Evolutionary arms race
- Adaptations to capture prey
- Luring prey
- Crypsis (Camouflage, transparency, sleep cycles)
Unit 3: Solitary and Group Living Animals
- How animals communicate
- Competition from other species
- Communication and the senses
- Visual displays
- Group or solitary?
- Hierarchy systems in group living animals
Unit 4: Mating and Parental Strategies
- Attracting a potential mate
- Mating systems and parental responsibility
- Monogamy and polygyny
- Mating systems
Unit 5: Changes in Behaviour through Domestication
- What is domestication?
- How does domestication change the animal?
- Hormones and their effects
- Abnormal behaviours
Unit 6: Animal Learning
- Simple learning theories
- Animal learning in training
- Human influence
- Ethics in training and the welfare of animals
- Animal intelligence
- Training animals
Pay Now: GBP 379.00
OR 6 Monthly Instalments of GBP 71.85 with a deposit of GBP
47.90 totalling 479
Open Study College - First class home learning with a difference!
At Open Study College we exceed in delivering a unique home learning experience! Having helped over 73,000 people improve their skills with a trusted qualification, Open Study College is one of the UK’s largest distance learning colleges. Offering over 500...