Adult Care Diploma Level 3 RQF
Are you passionate about helping people? Imagine if you could turn this passion into a fulfilling career. By undertaking a Diploma in Adult Care, you will be equipped with all of the skills and knowledge necessary to thrive within the health and social care industry. You will be taught how to manage this role in a range of settings, such as residential and domiciliary services, along with day services.
In this course, you will develop a greater understanding of your role and responsibilities, along with the overall duties that are involved in this rewarding industry. Learn how you can support and care for individuals that need it the most, by studying a Diploma in Adult Care.
Please Note: a work placement of at least 50 hours is required to complete this option.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Learners who would like to start a career in the health and social care industry.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Qualifications UK (TQUK)
TQUK are fully approved as an awarding organisation by Ofqual and award RQF courses in a number of sectors. RQF courses have various credit values which can be applied to the National Credit Transfer System.
Training Course Content
The qualification consists of 18 units as detailed below:
- Unit 1: Promote communication in care settings
- Unit 2: Promote effective handling of information in care settings
- Unit 3: Promote personal development in care settings
- Unit 4: Promote person-centred approaches in care settings
- Unit 5: Promote equality and inclusion in care settings
- Unit 6: Promote health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Unit 7: Responsibilities of a care worker
- Unit 8: Duty of care in care settings
- Unit 9: Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Unit 10: The principles of infection prevention and control
- Unit 11: Causes and spread of infection
- Unit 12: Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Unit 13: Move and position individuals in accordance with their plan of care
- Unit 14: Support positive risk-taking for individuals
- Unit 15: Support individuals to maintain personal hygiene
- Unit 16: Support individuals to access and use services and facilities
- Unit 17: Support Individuals with specific communication needs
- Unit 18: Support use of medication in social care settings
We also offer an alternative unit if learners are not involved in the administration of medication:-
Promote Nutrition and Hydration in Health and Social Care Settings
Be Inspired! Watch the Video
Find out how distance learning works!
Start your distance course with NCC Home Learning today.
Provider: NCC Home Learning
NCC Home Learning - Flexible Distance Learning Courses for everyone - Further Your Career!
NCC Home Learning is an established and trusted international learning provider with over 20 years experience in the distance learning industry. To date, NCC Home Learning has to date engaged with over 20,000 employers, and has delivered quality training to...