Youth and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion SkillsMatsh Youth Development
Youth and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion Skills
Youth development workers have a key role to play in delivering a holistic approach to health promotion. The program starts by defining youth in the context of health. It continues by looking at why it is important to involve young people in the planning and implementation of any programme that targets them, and how to promote youth participation. You will also look closely at some of the contemporary health issues that affect young people, such as nutrition and diet, sexual and reproductive health and drug abuse. The program also looks at how to enable practitioners to recognise the different roles they have, and how to foster effective working relationships.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Professionals of healthcare institutions.
- Public health practitioners.
- Youth Workers in government departments, corporates and NGOs.
- Health awareness organizations staff.
- Professionals responsible for youth policy formulation and strategy development.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Identify the major health issues affecting young people.
- Outline health promotion strategies (particularly preventative strategies).
- Describe the specific role of youth development work in health promotion.
- Develop specific programs of health promotion.
- Use the distinctive methodology of youth development work within the environment of a primary health care agency.
Training Course Content
- Defining Youth and Health
- Defining youth
- Defining health
- Primary health care
- Adolescent and youth developmental changes
- The basics of health and personal hygiene
- Involving Young People
- Youth development and health services
- The role of young people in health
- Developing skills and information
- Factors affecting participation
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Defining sexuality
- Defining reproductive health
- Reproductive rights
- Traditional practices
- STDs and HIV/AIDS
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) mandate
- World food supply
- Mental Health and Drug Abuse
- What is mental health?
- Self-abuse and deviant behavior
- What is drug abuse?
- Demographics and drug use
- Prevention and support
- Self-abuse through injury and suicide
Matsh Youth Development
Matsh Youth Development aims to collaborate on the professionalization of youth work in the Middle East, Africa and Asia by providing Youth Development and Youth Work capacity building programs for youth workers, formulating code of ethics and standards for youth...