Corporate Governance WorkshopLondon Stock Exchange Group Academy
Corporate Governance Workshop
All available course dates
- 18-11-2020 - 23-11-2020
- 10-12-2020 - 14-12-2020
This virtual workshop uses interactive exercises, group work and case studies to give delegates an in-depth understanding of the corporate governance framework in the UK and reviews current best practice and governance hot topics.
This virtual workshop is designed for those seeking knowledge and insight into the new Code and other best governance practices. The workshop combines a review of the key components of boardroom structures and performance with a focus on current governance hot topics.
The topics covered in this course include:
- review of the Revised UK Corporate Governance Code
- analysis of recent corporate failures and scandals
- modern thinking on diversity, corporate reporting and the accountability of directors
- board performance improvement drivers
Corporate governance is under increased scrutiny in current uncertain times. The course examines the fundamental principles of good corporate governance using the UK Code as its main reference point but including best practices from around the world: directors' duties; the role and responsibilities of the Board; leadership; the role of NEDs; committees. The course will also address the key areas to improve board performance including:
- the board's role in risk management
- board evaluation
- succession planning and the role of the Nominations Committee
- business ethics, tone at the top, culture and reputation
Suitability - Who should attend?
This four-day virtual course has been designed to appeal to the following professionals:
- Chief executives
- Company secretaries
- Executive and non-executive directors
- Directors of newly quoted AIM companies
- Heads of internal audit, compliance and risk management
- Institutional investors such as pension funds and insurance companies
- New entrants to investor relations
- All those individuals responsible for implementing best practice corporate governance in their organisation
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD points: This programme attracts 12 CPD points.
LSEG Academy - Financial training from the London Stock Exchange Group
As the training arm of the world-renowned London Stock Exchange Group, LSEG Academy works to help professionals develop the practical skills they need to navigate today's rapidly evolving financial markets. Academy designs, develops and delivers courses for clients across the...