Adobe Photoshop Intermediate 4 Week Evening Course
Photoshop is the leading software for photo editing and manipulation.
This London Software Training course provides you with the skills to perform photo editing, image manipulation and more advanced processes such as product mock-ups and photorealistic computer illustration.
The course can be tailored to your needs and you’ll work on exciting design projects to develop your portfolio.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is ideal for anyone who has a foundation knowledge of Photoshop and is looking to build on their existing skills.
Because of its versatility, Photoshop is used universally by photographers and also for advertising and game and character designing. Experience with Photoshop will also benefit anyone looking to further their study or gain employment within the fashion, media, design, web, architectural, construction and engineering fields.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You'll receive a London Software Training certificate on successful completion of this course.
Training Course Content
Tone and Colour refinements
• Reading colour values for accurate colour corrections and checks
• Selective and local colour adjustment techniques
• Refining Image Adjustments using the Mask properties
• Creative colour grading treatments
Creating accurate selections
• Vector-based selections with Paths
• Refining selections using Select and Mask
• Preserving fine detail in Selections and Layer Masks
• Painting Selections with Brush Tools
Getting more creative with Layers
• Layer Masks techniques for blending images and graphics
• Creative approaches using Blending Modes
• Working with Clipping groups
Exploring Brush techniques
• Creating custom brushes
• Setting Brush behaviour in the Brush Effects Panel for paint stroke effects
• Loading and Saving custom Brushes
Creating a more efficient workflow
• Recording and playing Actions to streamline your workflow
• Working with automation features
• Setting up custom keyboard shortcuts
• Saving and managing Presets
Working smarter with Layers
• Advantages of working with Smart Object Layers
• Creating Smart Objects from Photoshop Layers
• Workflow for editing the content of Smart Objects
• Embedding vs Linked Smart Objects
• Working with Smart Filters
Useful techniques for digital asset creation
• Using Generator to automate asset creation
• Frame-based animated GIFs
Assisted practice and development
• Consolidate techniques covered during the course
• One-to-one time with your trainer
• Questions and answers related to your work requirements
• Practice new-found skills
Course delivery details
London Software Training courses are delivered live online and in-classroom, offering you the option to attend from the comfort of your home or at our training studio in Hackney, East London.
Live online training enables you to:
- See the lecturer's live screen - guiding you step by step
- Share your live screen with the lecturer who can offer immediate help and feedback
- Speak with other students, as you would in a classroom setting
We provide a link to download the free software trial 2 days before your training (trials are free for 30 days). Closer to your training, we will send a link to join the online training.
Your course price includes:
- Free group course re-take within 18 months
- Hands-on, practical lessons
- Tailoring of syllabus and work on your projects
- Video tutorials and digital reference book for revision and development
- London Software Training certificate of completion for your CV and LinkedIn
- Free career guidance
Your tutors are designers, makers and architects as well as software pros. They will guide you on the best way to apply for design roles or set up a creative business, whilst teaching you all the key technical skills to make your CV and portfolio stand out from the crowd.
Photoshop opens up many opportunities in various industries and we offer guidance on CV and portfolio building as part of the course. You may also want to look at London Software Training’s Career Development Packages to develop your creative opportunities.
- Interior Design
- Furniture Design
- Lighting Design
- Jewellery Design
- Product Design
- Graphic Design
London Software Training offers hands-on, practical training courses, specialising in design software. Our handpicked industry professionals and software pros will guide you through each programme in any of our group, corporate and one-to-one courses and ensure you gain the skills to navigate...