Diploma in Surveying of Offshore Floating Units
In today's offshore industry it's essential for unit surveyors to have an understanding of surrounding legal and regulatory issues, along with commercial knowledge of the industry. During this course participants will have the opportunity to study management, operational and technical requirements for surveying offshore units.
This diploma from Lloyd’s Maritime Academy helps participants unpick the complexities of the offshore survey business, enhance their skills in performing offshore surveys and gain vital up-to-date knowledge of the industry.The online tutoring of this diploma gives you the flexibility to study around your other commitments.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This diploma is suitable for marine professionals looking to enhance their understanding of the offshore sector.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of this course participants will receive a Lloyd's Maritime Academy Professional Development Certificate.
Training Course Content
The training modules for this course are as follows:
- Introduction to Offshore Surveying
- Floating Offshore Units, MODU and Offshore Support Vessels
- Classification and Regulatory Control of Offshore Units
- Structural Arrangements and Loading of Offshore Floating Units
- Ship Conversions, Maintenance and Life Extension Studies
- Laws and Conventions Relating to Marine Surveying
- Offshore Surveying Practice and Effective Report Writing
- Marine and Offshore Surveying and Insurance
- Business Skills for Offshore Surveyors
- Offshore Accident Investigation
- Case Study
The cost of this distance training course is £3,299 + VAT per participant.
Customised training is also available for organisations via distance learning, instructor-led workshops or blended solutions based on group size and other company-specific requirements. Contact the provider for more information.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy (LMA) is the world’s largest provider for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed. LMA is part of KNect365 Learning focusing exclusively on the maritime...