Diploma in Marine Surveying
The Diploma in Marine Surveying is the leading online international marine and ship surveying training course. It is offered in a joint partnership between Lloyd's Maritime Academy and North West Kent College.The programme is designed to provide valuable management and technical knowledge to participants so they can perform as effective marine surveyors.
Over the course of 12 months, participants will develop their expertise and practical understanding of:
- The various types of marine surveys
- Responsibilities and roles of the marine surveyor
- Required knowledge of associated international conventions and laws
- Business skills and report writing
- The marine surveyor’s role in incident and accident investigation
- Technical skills required for structural, hull and marine engineering surveys
- Marine surveyor’s role in relation to specific marine vessels or cargoes
Suitability - Who should attend?
This distance learning Diploma in Marine Surveying has been designed for both existing marine surveyors and those wishing to move into marine surveying. Non-seafarers who have the interest and academic ability to learn about marine surveying, marine engineering and naval architecture are also eligible.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this programme, Participants will be awarded a Diploma in Marine Surveying from Lloyd's Maritime Academy and North Kent College.
Training Course Content
The training modules for this programme are as follows:
- Introduction to Marine Surveying
- Relationship between Marine Surveyors and their Clients
- Business Skills for Marine Surveyors
- Laws and Conventions relating to Marine Surveying
- Marine Surveying and Insurance
- The Marine Surveyor’s Role in Incident and Accident Investigation
- Naval Architecture for Marine Surveyors
- Marine Engineering and Systems for Surveyors
- Hull and Structural Surveys
- Safety and Security Surveys
- Specialist Modules
The cost of this diploma course is £3,299 + VAT.
For those who qualify, early bird discounts may apply.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy (LMA) is the world’s largest provider for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed. LMA is part of KNect365 Learning focusing exclusively on the maritime...