Diploma in Marine Engineering
Gain a prestigious qualification in marine engineering from Lloyd’s Maritime Academy. The comprehensive diploma equips participants with the vital knowledge and practical understanding of marine engineering principles and engineering management.
The online course explores essential industrial legislation, safe operating practices, the concepts of ship design and naval architecture - and various considerations for optimal performance at sea. Each of the carefully designed modules ends with a test to consolidate your knowledge and assess your understanding of marine engineering.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This dipoma is suitable for:
- Naval architects, design coordinators, purchasing professionals, sales managers and logistics personnel
- Marine surveyors, fleet or vessel superintendents and HSSE personnel
- Project managers, coordinators and production supervisors involved in vessel design, build, modification, repair or scrapping
- Insurance and claims executives plus legal and financial professionals working in the maritime sector
- Seagoing marine engineers
- Maritime professionals needing to develop technical understanding of engineering theories and mechanical principles
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of this course participants will be awarded a Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Professional Development Diploma.
Training Course Content
The training modules for this course are as follows:
- Marine Engineering in Context: Maritime Transport; Ships and Machinery
- An Introduction to the Science that Supports Marine Engineering Practice
- Naval Architecture: Hydrostatics, Stability and Ship Design
- Power Generation and Control: Electro-technology, Electronics and Control Engineering
- Thermodynamics, Heat Engine Principles
- Fuel and Marine Propulsion Design
- Auxiliary and Ancillary Machinery
- Analysis of Data
- The Investigation Report
- Post-Publication of a Marine Accident Report
- A Mock Marine Accident Investigation and Report
The cost of this distance training course is £3,299 + VAT per participant.
Customised training is also available for organisations via distance learning, instructor-led workshops or blended solutions based on group size and other company-specific requirements. Contact the provider for more information.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy (LMA) is the world’s largest provider for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed. LMA is part of KNect365 Learning focusing exclusively on the maritime...