Certificate in Vessel Valuation - A 12-week online programme by IBC Academy & Lloyd's Maritime Academy
Delivered part-time over 12 weeks, this training course offers delegates an overview of vessel valuation in context. The course will cover guidelines and techniques used in vessel valuation, with consideration for the many reasons that ships are appraised and the expectations of various stakeholders.
Upon completion of this training course, delegates will have an understanding of:
- Guidelines and key methods for valuers
- Vessel types
- Ship markets analysis
- Sources of data for valuation
- Key aspects of sale and purchase contracts
- Practical advice and professional guidance.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This online Certificate in Vessel Valuation has been designed for professionals with a strong interest in or need to understand the processes and guidelines for valuing a vessel for sale or construction. Qualified candidates may include, but are not limited to professionals working with vessel sale and purchase, banking and mortgage, investment and analysis, accounting, insurance and litigation.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion, delegates will be awarded a Certificate in Vessel Valuation from Lloyd's Maritime Academy.
Training Course Content
Delivered entirely online, this training course will cover the following:
Ship Valuation/Appraisal in Context: Purposes and Perspectives
- Background and development of valuations
- Role of a sale and purchase shipbroker
- Reasons for valuations
- Valuations: perspectives and expectations
- Shipping markets: cycles, trends and effects of vessels’ income
Knowledge, Experience and Resources to Value Vessels
- Guidelines and methodology for valuers
- Different vessel types
- Factors to be taken into account: quantitative and qualitative
- Investigation and sources of data and information
The Ship Sale and Purchase Market
- Key knowledge of ship sale and purchase from the valuer’s point of view
- Sale and purchase elements and processes
- Sale documents potentially affecting values
- Memorandum of Agreement (MOA)
Ship Valuation Approaches and Techniques
- Valuation approaches
- Historical valuations
- Fleet valuations
- Algorithm and software approaches
- Valuation method: step by step from preparation to presenting reports
Newbuildings and Resale; Guidance and Advice for Valuers
- Key knowledge of ship newbuilding and resale from the valuer’s point of view
- Conflicts of interest
- Ethics and professionalism
Case Studies and Practical Application of Vessel Valuation
- Putting valuation techniques into practice
- Potential problems and pitfalls facing valuers
- - Critical analysis of different approaches to valuation
The cost of this distance training course is £1,549 + VAT per delegate.
For those who qualify, early bird discounts may apply.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy (LMA) is the world’s largest provider for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed. LMA is part of KNect365 Learning focusing exclusively on the maritime...