Certificate in Contracting Newbuildings
The Certificate in Contracting Newbuilding course will give participants the opportunity to investigate a full range of issue related to shipbuilding contracts from parties, commercial issues and modifications to finance guarantees, delivery and termination.
Participants will be able to look into detail at stakeholders, finance, processes, legal and commercial issues, guarantees and delivery. This online course will benefit anyone from a production or commercial background, brokers, or those work in a shipping company.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This distance learning training course is suitable for:
- Project and operations managers
- Estimators and production personnel
- Naval architects
- Marine surveyors
- Engineers and technical personnel
- Shipping company managers
- Professionals in maritime insurance, law, finance, shipbroking and government
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be awarded a Certificate in Contracting Newbuildings from Lloyd’s Maritime Academy.
Training Course Content
Delivered entirely online, this training course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Newbuilding, Parties, Contractual Issues and Commercial Context
- Production Processes, Procurement, Modifications and Inspection
- Finance, Payments, Taxes and Funding
- Risk, Insurance, Delays, Termination & Builders’ Warranties
- Delivery, Novation and Assignment, Public Procurement
- Guarantees and Associated Contracts; Contrasting Ship Conversion and Repair Contracts
The cost of this training course is £1,599 + VAT.
For those who qualify, early bird discounts may apply.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy (LMA) is the world’s largest provider for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed. LMA is part of KNect365 Learning focusing exclusively on the maritime...