Certificate in Commercial Risks in Shipping
There are many risks associated with the shipping industry. This is one of the aspects that attracts many different people to the sector. With the shipping markets being unstable and vulnerable to financial uncertainty and the inconsistencies of global trade, there is a lot of opportunity to lose money and make money.
This Certificate in Commercial Risks in Shipping course address the commercial risks involved in this challenging commercial environment. It also goes over how professionals in the maritime business can manage and reduce these risks that occur in shipping markets and operations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Commercial directors, managers & analysts wishing to develop their professional effectiveness
- Vessel & cargo operations managers plus wider shipping company personnel
- Investors, financial & asset managers seeking to improve their maritime commercial awareness
- Charterers, traders & shipbrokers needing to deepen their understanding of commercial issues
- Freight & cargo executives requiring a broader perspective on shipping risk & financial markets
- Lawyers, insurers, solicitors & other legal professionals working in contract & risk management
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon completion, participants will receive a Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Professional Development Certificate.
Training Course Content
The training modules for this programme are as follows:
- Introducing Commercial Risk in the Shipping Context: Shipping Markets and Risk Management Principle
- Commercial Risks Arising from Charterparties, Operations and Claims Issues
- Financial Risk Management and Credit Risk
- Freight Derivatives and Hedging: Forwards, Futures, Options and Swap
- Commercial Risks Relating to Environmental and Safety Management Issues
- Marine Insurance and Risks
Total fees for the Certificate in Commercial Risks in Shipping are £1,599 + VAT.
Early bird discounts are available to those who qualify.
Lloyd’s Maritime Academy (LMA) is the world’s largest provider for professional development, working with leading academic and industry bodies to provide accredited education and training where it is much needed. LMA is part of KNect365 Learning focusing exclusively on the maritime...