Foundations in Food Safety Online Training Course
Food Safety : Level 1 Certification
Understanding food safety is vital for both employers and employees in the catering industry to ensure a successful, law-abiding and safe business! This course provides a comprehensive insight into every aspect of food safety, how to ensure it, what prevents it and how you can keep your business and your food safe. From explaining how to keep food safe at every stage, to instituting procedural plans and understanding your legal requirements, this course covers every aspect that everyone in the catering industry needs to know.
What's Covered in the Course?
- All about the threats to food safety and how to avoid them.
- How to ensure food safety from suppliers and during transport.
- How to prepare and serve food safely.
- All about food allergies and how to avoid the risks.
- How to be on the right side of the law by establishing a procedural plan.
Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will be able to draw up a food safety procedural plan and comply with regulatory requirements while keeping your customers safe and happy.
- You will be able to choose your suppliers and transport methods wisely and avoid threats to food safety.
- You will be able to eliminate the risk of allergic reactions in any of your food products.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Training Course Content
- Module 01: How and Why it is Important to Promote Eye Safety in the Workplace
- Module 02: Chemical Splashes and Eye Injuries
- Module 03: Eye Exposure to Thermal, Infrared, UV, Cryogenic and Laser Radiation
- Module 04: Eye Protection from Flying Particles and Eye Strain Problems
- Module 05: Control Measures and Types of Personal Protective (Eye) Equipment
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...