Cupcake Academy Diploma Training Course
This information packed course is focused on hobby bakers who want the skills to bake and decorate cupcakes. It also appeals to those who already have the baking skills but want to open their own cupcake company, providing their customers with delicious cupcakes with a choice of decorating techniques.Introduction to the Cupcake Academy Diploma
This accredited course will provide you with new skills to help you boost your sales and create beautiful cupcakes. It is suitable for beginners, hobby bakers and seasoned bakers who want to fast track their careers.
The course provides you with a certification which proves you have the knowledge and skills when it comes to cupcake decorating, a certification recognised by industry leaders.
The Cupcake Academy Diploma will give you the insight and knowledge you need to open your own successful business, offering you a host of key techniques that you can trust.
The course comprises of twenty information packed modules which take approximately fifteen hours to complete. You can study online at your own pace using any device. On completion and successful passing of the multiple choice test, you can download and print your certificate without delay.
What you Will Learn
This accredited course comprises of twenty modules, each one designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills, guidance and techniques you need to run and manage a successful cupcake business on a daily basis.
- Learn how to create winning cupcake recipes and how to bake and decorate cupcakes.
- Understand the importance of a portfolio and how to go about meeting with clients to identify what they are looking for.
- Identify what equipment you will need from buying quality supplies and decorating equipment to kitchen equipment. Know the difference between quality products and saving money.
- Get an understanding on how to cost batches of batter and icing, how to charge for your time and how to put an effective pricing structure in place.
- Baking cupcakes and muffins - from finding a good recipe to making it your own and everything in between.
- Learn how to find the best cake recipes for birthday cakes, along with filling and icing options. You will also get insight into healthier options, which are a growing trend on a global scale right now.
- If you are thinking of offering wedding cakes, then this module will teach you what you need to determine from that first consultation, how to price the cake and promote your wedding services moving forward.
- Learn how to choose a Christmas cake recipe along with healthier alternatives, fillings, icings and more.
- Get a good understanding of the different rack heights, pre-heating and baking temperatures and why it's so important you know your oven to achieve the best results.
- Learn about fondants, ganache and different icing options, include delicious butter cream.
- The course will also teach you the basics of icing from making your own piping bag to making rosettes and other designs to enhance your finished cake design.
- Learn how to make your own cupcake and cake stands at home. You will also learn the art of transporting cakes safely and effectively.
- Get insider information into running your own cupcake business from the overheads you can expect to pay to choosing a name, the software you will need and more.
- This accredited course will teach you about the importance of the different marketing options you have available, along with how to handle complaints and what to do when things don't go according to plan.
- Learn about the importance of health and safety in the workplace. What HACCP is and why you need one for each cake. You will also learn about the hygiene requirements associated with owning and running a cupcake business.
- Understand about Tax, accounting, insurance, record keeping, hiring and paying staff and more.
Benefits of the Cupcake Academy Diploma
This course is brimming with benefits for anyone who is interested in working in the cupcake baking industry or starting their own business.
- You will get to understand recipes and the fundamentals of baking.
- You will gain confidence to create your own winning recipes and designs.
- You will gain the skills and insight needed to start your own business.
- You will learn different decorating skills that you can use for all types of events.
- On completion of the course and passing the test, you will receive an industry recognised certification.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 20 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 20 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2 : Meeting Clients/ Establishing Requirements for Jobs
- Module 3 : Supplies and Equipment Needed
- Module 4 : Pricing, Ingredients & Budgeting
- Module 5 : Cupcakes & Muffins
- Module 6 : Birthday Cakes
- Module 7 : Wedding Cakes
- Module 8 : Christmas Cakes
- Module 9 : Baking
- Module 10 : Icing & Working With Chocolate
- Module 11 : Cake Decorating
- Module 12 : Creating Stands and Displays
- Module 13 : Cake Transportation
- Module 14 : Photographing your Cakes
- Module 15 : Running Your Own Business
- Module 16 : Marketing and Social Media
- Module 17 : The do’s and don’ts & what to do when things don’t go to plan
- Module 18 : Health, Safety, and Hygiene
- Module 19: Accounting, VAT, Tax, Insurance and Record Keeping
- Module 20: Hiring Staff and Providing Sufficient Training
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...