Conducting Employee Appraisals Online Training Course
Employee appraisals are one of the most important aspects of any business. The process of assessing the performance and effectiveness of employees in their positions not only benefits the staff involved, but strengthens and improves the entire company.
This course provides a comprehensive insight into all the elements involved in creating an effective employee appraisal.
From the structures that need to be in place and pitfalls to avoid, to the methods of collecting information and the drawing up of the appraisal, this comprehensive course will take you through the entire process.
What's Covered in the Course?
- How to analyse your company needs and formulate the goals which will define your employee appraisal, ensuring its relevance and success
- How to apply different methods of collecting information for an appraisal and the pros and cons of each method
- How to structure an appraisal, incorporating every standard category, as well as a few specialised extras
- The science of successfully applying the information gathered to maximise efficacy
- The legalities involved, drawbacks to be aware of and methods to overcome any negative repercussions that might occur
- Benefits of Taking This Course
- You will be able to construct a viable and effective employee appraisal
- You will understand your employees better and improve the relationships and communication within the company
- You will understand the legalities involved in employee appraisals and avoid any disputes that might arise from the process
- You will learn to apply the information gathered to maximise both the performance of the employee and the company
- You will learn to reassess your employee’s roles, place them where they are the most effective and truly optimise the entire staffing process
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 5 individual modules. Each module takes between 5 and 60 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 3 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: An Introduction to Employee Appraisals
- Module 2: Data Collection Methods
- Module 3: Appraisal Structure
- Module 4: Optimising Results
- Module 5: Legalities and Drawbacks
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...