Asperger Syndrome Awareness Diploma Training Course
The Asperger Syndrome Awareness course is beneficial for practitioners and parents or anyone with an interest in Autism who wishes to improve their knowledge and skill in the area.
We give some basic tips and strategies for supporting people with Asperger Syndrome.
We discuss the history of Asperger’s as a syndrome; definitions of Asperger syndrome and what makes it different from other autistic spectrum disorders.
The myths and fallacies about Asperger syndrome will be explored.
We also include the range of conditions which people with ASD often have alongside their main diagnosis.
We examine the current understanding of the biological basis of Asperger syndrome and why it tends to have a high heritability. We will also examine why there are gender differences in the presentation of Asperger’s in men and women.
For people working or wishing to work with people who have Asperger syndrome, we have advice on the therapeutic and educational techniques which have been used, developed or adapted to help support people with Asperger syndrome.
By the end of this course you will have an overview of the characteristics, diagnosis and the effects of having Asperger syndrome on individuals with the syndrome and how this presents challenges to them, as individuals, in the context of school and work and also the implications for family and loved ones.
What You Will Learn
You will also understand some basic tips and strategies for supporting people with Asperger Syndrome.
The course will cover:
- What is Asperger syndrome and how is it defined?
- The History of Research into Asperger syndrome and How it is Diagnosed
- The Causes of Asperger syndrome
- The Effects of Asperger syndrome
- Techniques for coping with AS
- Issues for Adolescents and Young Adults with AS
- Adults with Asperger Syndrome
- How to handle Asperger syndrome while in the workplace
- Famous people with Asperger syndrome
- Support for people with Asperger syndrome
Benefits of the Asperger Syndrome Awareness Diploma
There are a number of benefits to those who complete the course and earn their diplomas.
- The ability to study from anywhere and at any time, even when at work or away from home.
- The option to study as quickly or slowly as you wish, as there is no time limit for the course.
- The capability to study from any device including computers, mobile phones, or tablets.
- An easy to understand course structure, which is broken down into short modules.
- The convenience of support when you require it, all online.
- A full syllabus, which virtually guarantees that you will get the knowledge you require to work and support those with Asperger syndrome, both in your personal and professional lives.
- Improving prospects when applying for work or volunteer opportunities with those who have Asperger syndrome.
- An affordable pricing structure.
- Upon completion, you will receive a certified diploma.
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where / when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing.
What is the pass mark for the final test?
The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don’t pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.
How long does it take to complete the course?
We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
Training Course Content
- Module 1: What is Asperger syndrome and how is it defined?
- Module 2: The History of Research into Asperger’s and How it is Diagnosed
- Module 3: The Causes and Diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome
- Module 4: The Effects of Asperger Syndrome
- Module 5: Techniques for coping with AS
- Module 6: Issues for Adolescents and Young Adults with AS
- Module 7: Adults with Asperger Syndrome
- Module 8: How to handle Asperger’s in the workplace
- Module 9: Famous people with Asperger’s
- Module 10: How to support people with Asperger Syndrome
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...