Anxiety is one of the biggest mental health conditions experienced by thousands of British citizens every year. While anxiety helps us evaluate our responses to dangers and threats, it can turn into a problem when it becomes the norm rather than the exception. The anxiety awareness course is designed to promote awareness regarding the nature of anxiety, the causes, symptoms and treatments.
Self-awareness plays a crucial role in helping us understand our fears, insecurities and beliefs. In addition, anxiety awareness also empowers you to help loved ones. The causes, signs and treatments explained in the Anxiety Awareness Course will help you understand the condition in its entirety.
What you will learn in the Anxiety Awareness Course
- The nature of anxiety and why we feel anxious about different events. You will understand how anxiety can help motivate and spur you on to achieve and how a chronic problem can deplete your self-confidence
- There are a lot of connections between modern day lifestyles and anxiety disorders. The fast pace, job pressures and frantic socialising can trigger perennial bouts of anxiety. You will learn to identify common triggers
- There are several causes of anxiety, including psychological, physiological or personal reasons. The treatment for anxiety will vary depending on the cause.
- Different types of anxiety disorders, including panic attacks, GERD, PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
- The different effects of anxiety, including psychological, emotional and physical effects. You will learn how anxiety can progress from a mild and sporadic condition to a chronic or acute condition. You will also learn about the different ways in which anxiety can manifest itself in physical ways
- The causes, symptoms and treatments for GERD or Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Causes, symptoms and treatments for panic attacks
- The causes, signs and treatments for social anxiety as well as anxiety at work
- How to care for a loved one who suffers from anxiety
- Psychological therapy (CBT) and different medications to manage anxiety
- Alternative treatments for anxiety, including mindfulness practices, yoga, meditation and counselling. You will also learn about how hypnosis can help people help themselves
- The different centres and clinics in the UK that offer guidance, assistance and treatments for anxiety
Benefits of taking the Anxiety Awareness Diploma course
- Increasing our awareness about anxiety, its causes and effects helps to understand people who suffer from the condition
- Whether it is for yourself or a loved one, you will be in a better position to identify triggers and manage the condition better
- Understanding the nature and effects of anxiety prevents us from trivialising the harrowing experience of another person; we are able to appreciate what they are going through
- We are able to perform better at work without insecurity or worry
- You are able to enjoy higher levels of self-confidence and self-esteem
- By learning how to manage anxiety, you can help yourself and others live a happier, peaceful and more fulfilling life
The Anxiety Awareness course helps you become familiar with different therapies, self-help techniques and holistic treatments that help treat and manage anxiety effectively.Who can take the course?Anyone who has an interest in learning more about this subject matter is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take the course. What is the structure of the course?The course is broken down into 10 individual modules. Each module takes between 20 and 90 minutes on average to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience. Where / when can I study the course?You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones so you can even study while on the move! Is there a test at the end of the course?Once you have completed all modules there is a multiple choice test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken a time and location of your choosing. What is the pass mark for the final test?The pass mark for the test is 70%. If you don't pass the test first time you will get further opportunities to take the test again after extra study. There are no limits to the number of times you can take the test. All test retakes are included within the price of the course. When will I receive my certificate?Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download/print your certificate any time you need it.How long does it take to complete the course?We estimate that the course will take about 15 hours to complete in total, plus an additional 30 minutes for the end of course test.
- Module 1: Understanding Anxiety, its Impact on our Lives and Research into Anxiety Disorders
- Module 2 : External Causes of Anxiety
- Module 3 : Inherited Causes of Anxiety, Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety
- Module 4 : Cognitive, Affective and Behavioural Causes of Anxiety; Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Module 5 : OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Module 6 : Panic Attacks, Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia
- Module 7 : Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Module 8 : Social Anxiety Disorder
- Module 9 : Anxiety Therapies and Treatments (Part I)
- Module 10 : Anxiety Therapies and Treatments (Part II); Anxiety Centres in the UK
- Course Access: Lifetime
- Exams Included: Yes
- Compatibility: All major browsers / devices
As one of the market-leaders in distance-learning and self-study multimedia-based training, Learning247 provides the most cost-effective route to enable you to update and improve upon your skills; and all without the massive prices that are regularly seen throughout the training...