AAT Advanced (Level 3) - OnDemand
The Advanced Diploma in Accounting covers a range of complex accounting tasks, including maintaining cost accounting records and the preparation of reports and returns. You’ll learn and master a number of accounting disciplines including financial processes, advanced bookkeeping, final accounts and ethical practices for accountants.Using our multi-award winning OnDemand study method, you'll get a structured study programme with tutor-led video guides. The course can be started whenever you're ready and you can work through the content at a pace that suits you, with tutor support when you need it.Kaplan offers 12 month interest-free payment plans to help you spread the cost of your course. If your employer is paying for the course, be sure to select 'Invoice my employer' at checkout.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
The AAT Advanced Diploma consists of five subjects:
- Advanced Bookkeeping (AVBK) - You’ll learn how to apply the principles of advanced double entry bookkeeping. You’ll prepare depreciation calculations, period-end adjustments and learn how to extend the trial balance.
- Final Accounts Preparation (FAPR) - You’ll learn how to prepare final accounts for sole traders and partnerships, identify alternative organisation structures, and examine the regulations governing company accounts.
- Management Accounting: Costing (MMAC) - You’ll develop the knowledge and skills to understand the role of cost and management accounting in an organisation and understand how organisations use this information to make management decisions.
- Indirect Tax (IDRX) - You’ll examine and apply VAT legislation requirements, complete VAT returns, and study the implications of errors, late filing and payment, and how to report VAT related information.
- Advanced Synoptic Assessment (AVSY) - You’ll study the relevance of ethics in accountancy and learn about unethical behaviour or illegal acts in your accounting role. You will also learn the relevant spreadsheet skills and techniques which Accounting Technicians will use on a daily basis by incorporating the knowledge you have learnt from AVBK, FAPR and MMAC.
Skills gained include:
- The importance of professional ethics in the working environment
- Use of spreadsheets to manage information in the accounting environment
- Analysing variances
- Reconciling ledgers
- Making provisions for doubtful and irrecoverable debts
Kaplan Financial - The UK's leader in financial, accountancy and business training
Kaplan, part of Kaplan, Inc is the UK’s leading global provider of diverse education and training. Programmes include professional accountancy and financial training,vocational qualifications and Apprenticeships,financial markets,postgraduate and undergraduate degrees. Kaplan combines 70 years of educational and learning excellence with...