Business Writing Essentials
Business Writing Essentials - Communication Skills
This informative one-day course is designed to help you improve your written communication skills and is relevant to both lawyers and support staff. The course will give you tips on the best practices; covering all types of professional business documents (e-mails, letters, attendance notes and reports). It is essential for those who want to get their message across in a clear and concise manner, whilst avoiding the possibility of oversight or misunderstanding.
Law firms work on the principle that their employees communicate with their clients using plain English. The writing is always professional and representative of the firm, but it is also quick and easy for the reader to understand.
This course will help you transform the way you write to make it more effective and reader- friendly. You will be able to structure your content, produce clear sentences and confidently use appropriate punctuation, which can impact the tone of your writing. By attending this well-constructed and engaging course, you will leave with practical strategies, tools and techniques that can be applied daily.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who is required to use effective business writing to communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and is, therefore, relevant to both lawyers and business support staff.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Know how to create your content in a clear and concise manner;
- Develop a planning structure to help you with the type of document you are writing and maximise its potential
- Identify the best options, in terms of layout and space, for the type of document you are writing
- Develop an approach to enable confident use of different types of punctuation, which can impact the tone of your message.
Training Course Content
The topics will include:
- Planning Stage (who, why, what, when and how)
- Writing Clearly and Concisely
- Pyramid Principle
- Active Voice and Passive Voice
- Misused Words (when two words sound the same - which one to use)
- Punctuation and Grammar
- Different Types of Jargon.
In-House Law Training
Kaplan Altior will work in partnership with each company to design a product which meets their specific training needs. Experienced trainers are selected specifically for each firm and their unique requirements in order to deliver this programme in a safe environment and customised format. With no associated delegate travel costs, this is a highly cost effective and convenient solution for your staff training.
Provider: Kaplan Altior
Kaplan Altior have been providing training and consulting services to the legal profession for over 40 years. With a broad training portfolio, including CPD courses for solicitors, higher court advocates, barristers, paralegals, Professional Skills Course (PSC), Trainee Litigation Programme (TLP),...