Hotel & Catering Management
Wouldn't it be great to put yourself into the business of helping people? The hospitality industry is always looking for talented individuals who want to find success while helping to brighten people's days. Is the hospitality industry for you?
- Do you enjoy helping people?
- Do you like being a host or hostess?
- Do you have a passion for food?
- Do you want a career where you are in a position of control?
If any of these sound like you, our online Hotel & Catering Management course can help you start a new career doing something that you love.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Whether you are looking to switch to a more exciting and rewarding career, or are looking for a first career that is both challenging and fulfilling, our online Hotel & Catering Management will get you started on your way to happiness. You won't even have to leave the comfort of your own home, as our intensive online course load will be available to you whenever you like, wherever you are.
Making a positive change in your life has never been this easy. Enrol in our online Hotel & Catering Management course soon, and give yourself the satisfaction and fulfilment of a new, rewarding career.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course is CPD/CE accredited.
CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Training Course Content
Our course will open up a lot of opportunities for you, whether you are looking to start your own hotel or catering company, or you would just like to climb the ladder at the hotel at which you currently work. In our comprehensive online course, you will learn:
- Food science
- Food production and service
- How to run a front office
- How to manage and coordinate housekeeping services
- Basic accounting, marketing, sales, communication, and customer service strategies and techniques
- How to use technology to your advantage
Module 1: Hospitality Management
- 1.1 Operating a hotel or catering company
- 1.2 Projecting comfort and ease
- 1.3 Elevating your business
- 1.4 Making a profit
Module 2: Food Science
- 2.1 Chemistry of cooking
- 2.2 Food preservation
- 2.3Food technology
- 2.4 Nutrition
Module 3: Food Production
- 3.1 Basic cooking styles
- 3.2 Basic cooking methods
- 3.3 Food handling
- 3.4 Menu planning
- 3.5 Pricing
Module 4: Food & Beverage Service
- 4.1 Planning the event
- 4.2 Types of catering options
- 4.3 Greeting and receiving guests
- 4.3 Food service
- 4.4 Bar service
- 4.5 Coordinating in-hotel restaurants
Module 5: Hotel Roles
- 5.1 Food & beverage management
- 5.2 Maître
- 5.3 Chef/Cook
- 5.4 Butlers
- 5.5 Porters
- 5.6 Housekeeping staff
Module 6: Hotel Front Office
- 6.1 Coordination
- 6.2 Accommodating guests
- 6.3Promoting deals and special offers
- 6.4 Cashiering and handling money
Module 7: Back Office Management
- 7.1 Supporting the front office
- 7.2 Managing employees
- 7.3 Special programs
- 7.4 Managing bookings
- 7.5Attracting guests and VIP’s
Module 8: Housekeeping & Laundry Operation
- 8.1 Staging the room
- 8.2 Hygiene and health
- 8.3 Laundry services
- 8.4 Accommodating guests
Module 9: Accounting
- 9.1 Keeping proper records
- 9.2 Balancing the book
- 9.3 Cost analysis
- 9.4 Calculating loss and gain
- 9.5 Analysing and maximizing profit
Module 10: Sales & Marketing
- 10.1 Customer satisfaction
- 10.2 Attracting and keeping customers
- 10.3 Understanding the consumer
- 10.4 Pricing
- 10.5 Deals, promotions, coupons, etc.
- 10.6 Procedures Manual
Module 11: Communication
- 11.1 Helping customers
- 11.2 Handling stressful situations
- 11.3 Communication strategies
- 11.4 Communicating between departments
- 11.5 Managing complaints and concerns
Module 12: Applications Of Technology
- 12.1 Basic business computers
- 12.2 Information technology
- 12.3 Catering management tools
- 12.4 Making your business shine
Module 13: Hotel Security And Health & Safety
- 13.1 Necessary security positions
- 13.2 Fire and emergency safety
- 13.3 In-room security and safety
- 13.4 First Aid and response plans
- 13.5 Making guest feel safe and comfortable
The cost of this course is £299 £19 + VAT per participant.
Exams and PDF Certificate already included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...