Event & Hospitality Management
Event management a thriving industry The event management business is booming. We are in a new era where the marketing industry has grown and widened to an unprecedented level and event management is a thriving part of this sector. Well planned and stylized events are no longer confined to the business sector. Charities, the sporting sector, the political world, entertainment world and individuals now use events to promote and celebrate a variety of issues, occasions, and themes. It's effectiveness in growing awareness, raising funds, celebrating achievement, promoting sales and marking personal highlights is widely accepted.
Bored with your job? Grab the opportunity for an exciting new career Event management is a really exciting career choice now. Setting up your own business in this area is a very achievable goal. As you don't need a premises, products or equipment, your set up costs would be very low. This is a career which gives you independence, flexibility and the freedom to work to your own agenda. It's rewarding, fulfilling and stimulating. It allows you to develop creatively and professionally.
Do you have good organizational skills? Are you efficient and thorough at seeing a project through? Then you're halfway there to being a great event manager. On their own, though, organizational skills and efficiency aren't enough. There's a significant amount of industry specific knowledge and some extra skills that are essential to have before you start planning.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Prepared by experienced, successful event planners This Event & Hospitality Management course has been prepared specifically with you in mind, from essential practices to minor details. Our international team of experienced event planners has put together a thorough education in relevant and up to date knowledge from today's events world. You'll receive valuable advice, practical strategies and industry secrets that will help you to get ahead in the events sector.
As all training is accessed online, you can study your material anytime, anyplace that suits you and your life. You'll receive a thorough and detailed training in the essential principles and the minor details in managing events, preparing you for an exciting new direction in your life.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Training Course Content
Particularly over the past 10 years, event management has evolved so that both attendees and hosts now expect a high standard in memorable events. In our Event & Hospitality Management course, we've put together a thorough and in-depth training in all aspects of planning and running many kinds of events. You'll learn:
- Important principles in event management
- Effective strategies in attracting and winning contracts
- How to manage budgets, advice on contracts, booking venues and securing sponsors
- How to prepare and present an event proposal
- Tips for successful meetings with clients
- What qualities to look for when hiring service providers
- How to plan your event schedule with a step by step guide including a detailed pre-event and event day checklist
- General etiquette and protocol (preparing invitations, table seating arrangements, table manners and dress codes)
- How to manage a crisis
- What an event manager's job looks like up close with a real life case study
The course is packed with clear, practical knowledge, tips and insights from within the event planning industry. Throughout the course, we quote illustrative examples and include useful charts. You'll watch video tutorials which really bring the content alive. There are many lucrative sectors within the event management industry. You could specialize in one or market yourself in a number of areas: - The sporting world stage testimonial games, pro-am tournaments or mini marathons. - The entertainment industry manage a live music, theater, dance, film or comedy event. - The Not for profit sector help a worthy cause to raise funds and build widespread awareness with head-turning events or celebrity galas. - Style personal, intimate family occasions like religious ceremonies, birthdays or weddings. - Event-manage store openings, new product launches or book launches. - Organize corporate, political or community events.
Module 1: Working With Clients
- Planning and preparing for the meeting
- First impressions and presentation
- What does your client need?
- What comes next? Timeframes
- Following up
- Event proposal
- Contracts and agreements
Module 2: Steps For Planning An Event
- Target your goals and audience
- Planning the event: date and time
- Food and beverage
Module 3: Invitations, Greetings And Dress Code
- Invitations and replies
- Greetings etiquette and handshake protocol
- Dress code
Module 4: Table Manners And Table Settings
- Table-seating arrangements
- Table settings
- Table manners
Module 5: The Event
- Last-minute preparations
- During the event
- Business cards
- Evaluating the event
- After the event: Keeping up with your clients, partners, and guests
Module 6: What Is Event Management?
- What is Event Management?
- Role of the Event Manager
- Project Management
- Strength & Weaknesses of the event management profession (elements of SWOT)
- Crisis Management
- Planning Your Career
Module 7: Types Of Events
- Launch Events
- Fashion Shows
- Religious Events
- Sport Events
- Political Events
The cost of this course is £299 £29 per participant.
Exams and PDF Certificate already included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...