Essential Cat and Kitten Care
Everything you need to know about cat and kitten care, including how to choose the right cat, training, nutrition, grooming and healthcare. A complete overview for anyone who works with cats, is thinking of getting a cat, or already owns one.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Whether you are a first time owner or experienced cat guardian, this course is purr-fect if you want to:
- Understand the essentials of feline preventative healthcare, including the latest news on heartworm in cats
- Have an appetite to understand cat food and feeding, such as what to feed, how, and when for optimal good health
- Learn practical cat facts such as how to groom, clip claws, and bathe your cat
- Decode cat body language, behavior, and communication into something you understand
- Prevent boredom and channel antisocial behaviors, such as climbing or scratching, into less destructive activities
- Uncover the secrets of good cat litter box habits so that house soiling becomes less likely
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Training Course Content
The practical skills you will gain from this course
- Pick the Right Cat
Understand what type of cat (ie purebred vs shelter, adult vs kitten, indoor vs outdoor animal) is best for you and feel confident about choosing the pick of the litter
- Introduce Cats
Know cat body language and the no-hiss way to introduce a new cat to your existing fur-friends
- Keep your Cat Healthy
Understand basic cat facts such as the preventative healthcare your cat needs and how to keep them physically and mentally fit and well
- Be Confident about Cat Food and Feeding
Make informed decisions about feeding your cat for optimal good health
- Grooming and Coat Care
Feel confident about clipping claws and keeping your cat's coat in pristine condition
- Cat Communication
Understand what cat body language is telling you about their mood and how this can help you get along together
- Prevent Boredom
Know how to channel a cat's natural instinct to climb and scratch, in order to prevent boredom and the cat from becoming destructive
- Cat Behavior
Understand the importance of play for a cat's well-being, and how a cat uses their senses to read the world around them
- Litter Box Best Practice
House soiling can sour a good relationship, so learn how to make a litter box irresistible to decrease the chance of inappropriate toileting.
Module 1: Choosing Your Cat
- 1.1 Shelter vs Purebred
- 1.2 Adult vs kitten
- 1.3 Indoor vs outdoor
- 1.4 Choosing the kitten / cat
- 1.5 Making friends
- 1.6 Finding a cat-friendly vet
Module 2: The Healthy Cat
- 2.1 What makes a healthy cat?
- 2.2 Preventative healthcare
- 2.3 Mental stimulation
- 2.4 Express Natural Behaviors
Module 3: Grooming
- 3.1 Normal grooming behavior
- 3.2 Over grooming behavior
- 3.3 Caring for your Cat’s Coat(brushing and combing/knots)
- 3.4 Clipping claws
- 3.5 Bathing
Module 4: Feeding
- 4.1 Meat Eating
- 4.2 Birth to Leaving home
- 4.3 Hunting behavior
- 4.4 Feeding preferences
- 4.5 Obesity and diets
Module 5: Litter Box Matters
- 5.1 Normal toileting
- 5.2 Litter Box Success
- 5.3 Litter box issues
Module 6: Cat Communication
- 6.1 Voice
- 6.2 Body Language
- 6.3 Marking
Module 7: Cat Behavior
- 7.1 Play and learning
- 7.2 Senses
- 7.3 Society
- 7.4 Aggression
- 7.5 Mating
The cost of this course is £175 £19 + VAT per participant.
Exams and PDF Certificate already included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...