This in-depth course covers everything you need to know to start a successful career as a dog walker! You’ll expand your knowledge of dog training and psychology while gaining useful skills. Through this course, you will learn how to safely interact with all temperaments of dogs, from reading body language to calming anxiety.
Take your love of dogs and turn it into a money-making business! Working towards an accredited course will show your customers that you’re the best person for the job.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is ideal for pet sitters, dog walkers and other professionals who want to impress their current clients and attract new ones. If you’re interested in turning your passion into a profitable career or gain a competitive edge over rival businesses through increased knowledge of animal behavior and business planning, then this is the course for you!
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Training Course Content
In this course, you’ll learn basic and advanced principles of dog walking, from equipment safety to breaking up dog fights. Our in-depth modules on training and psychology will keep your charges safe, and make dog walking a walk in the park! You’ll also find a full module covering the first aid that every pet professional must know. Finally, we teach you how to set up your own dog walking business, from finances to advertising. Overall, you will gain professional skills to boost your career by studying an internationally-recognized ICOES and CPD course.
Module 1: The Fundamentals Of Dog Walking
- 1.1 Safety First – For Pooches and People
- 1.2 Entering and Leaving Homes Securely
- 1.3 Your Responsibilities
- 1.4 Complying with the Law
Module 2: Advanced Principles Of Dog Walking
- 2.1 Be Prepared
- 2.2 Reading Body Language
- 2.3 Understanding Aggression
- 2.4 The Dynamics of Dog Fights
Module 3: Training & Psychology
- 3.1 Reward Based Training
- 3.2 Recognizing Bad Habits
- 3.3 Teach an Old Dog New Tricks
- 3.4 Dealing with Fear
Module 4: First Aid
- 4.1 On the Spot Diagnosis
- 4.2 Vomiting and Diarrhea
- 4.3 Poisoning
- 4.4 Cuts, grazes, wounds and burns
- 4.5 Breaks and Fractures
- 4.6 Shock
- 4.7 When you’ll need to involve a vet
- 4.8 Your First Aid Kit
Module 5: Setting Up Your Business
- 5.1 Research Time
- 5.2 Finances and Insurance
- 5.3 Regulations
- 5.4 Get Creative with Services to Drive Business
- 5.5 Advertising & Marketing
The cost of this course is £99 £19 + VAT per participant.
Exams and PDF Certificate already included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...