DIY Home Improvements
DIY Home Improvements
Have you always wanted to try your hand at home improvement and DIY projects? DIY, or Do-It-Yourself, can be a great way to maintain your house and garden and to add new features that you can enjoy for years to come.
The satisfaction from building things with our own two hands makes us value them higher, according to psychologists. In addition, DIY can save you money. With no labor costs to pay, you can save the difference and keep your house and garden in top condition even when money's tight.
Whether you are totally new to DIY or are an experienced enthusiast, this course will equip you with new understanding and techniques to help you succeed at a wide variety of projects.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The best DIY enthusiasts are people who are:
- Eager to learn new skills
- Attentive to details
- Interested in working with their hands
- Motivated to make their home and garden the best it can be
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- This course is CPD/CE accredited. CPD accredited courses count towards the total of CPD hours to submit for your job role. CPD points are accepted and recognized by employers from both the public and private sectors, and academic institutions across the UK and internationally.
- ICOES (International Council for Online Educational Standards) accredited.
Training Course Content
We'll go over the most important parts of home maintenance during this course. From interior decorating to pest problems, we'll touch on five major areas of home improvement. It's not just inside, either! We'll teach you how to get the most out of every area of your home, garden, and deck.
Module 1: Decorating
- painting and selecting color
- vinyl flooring
Module 2: Walls
- building exterior walls
- building interior walls
- knocking down walls
Module 3: Outdoor Projects
- patios and decks
- driveways and paths
- landscaping, planting and irrigation
- garden structures
- water features
Module 4: Damp, Rot And Pests
- wet and dry rot
- pest prevention and eradication
- prevention of damp
- treating damp
Module 5: Home Security
- door security
- window security
- burglar alarms
- fire prevention
The cost of this course is £119 £19 per participant.
Exams and PDF Certificate already included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...