Careers with Animals
Now is your chance to put into action a career working with animals! This course is ideal for anyone with an aptitude for animals who wishes to turn their dreams into reality. It will help you discover where your strengths and talents lie and then brainstorm jobs that match your capabilities.
You will learn how to uncover employment opportunities you hadn't previously considered, and how to apply for those jobs to maximize your chances of success. From brainstorming a vague idea to uncovering amazing opportunities, this course also helps you achieve your aim by learning how to research your chosen path.
Know that there is huge competition for positions within the animal or pet sector, and to maximize your chances it's essential to impress. To do this you'll discover how to hone your portfolio and letter of application to create an outstanding impression with the interview panel, selection committee or prospective client. In addition, you'll find a comprehensive directory of careers in the animal health, pet, and animal-related sectors; what those jobs entail and the qualifications needed.
From understanding how to apply to vet school and increase your chance of receiving an offer, to training as an animal nutritionist through to a zookeeper, a Career with Animals has so much to offer you. This course will help those with a genuine calling to work with animals to reach that goal.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed to empower:
- People contemplating a career change, but who are uncertain what opportunities are out there
- Students planning to apply to vet school
- Those people with a calling to work with animals, but don't know in what capacity and wish to clarify their thinking
- People wanting to weigh the pros and cons of a career with animals
- Applicants who wish to create a standout application in their chosen field
- Anyone wondering how to find out what experience is needed to enter a specific career or job
Outcome / Qualification etc.
PDF certificate already included in price.
You can also get a hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Training Course Content
By taking this course you will:
- Learn how to discover opportunities that hadn't previously occurred to you Have realistic expectations about what working with animals involves
- Know how to research a particular job, plus the skills and qualifications needed
- Make your application or business standout from the crowd to give you a head start on the competition
- Know how to apply to vet school
- Understand the value of experience and how to get it at little cost or even get paid!
Module 1: Brainstorming And Research
- 1.1 Why Work with Animals?
- 1.2 Pros and Cons
- 1.3 Decide on Your Strengths
- 1.4 Reality Check
- 1.5 Where to Find Jobs
- 1.6 Researching the Job
- 1.7 Comparative Salaries
Module 2: Gaining Experience
- 2.1 Personal Experience
- 2.2 Unpaid Experience
- 2.3 Broadening Your Education
- 2.4 Volunteering Abroad
- 2.5 Internships
Module 3: Portfolios, Cv, And Application
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 An Inspirational Portfolio
- 3.3 Writing a Killer CV
- 3.4 Creating an Awesome Application Letter
Module 4: Applying To Vet School
- 4.1 The Path to Vet School
- 4.2 Planning your Finance
- 4.3 Interviews and Experience
- 4.4 Veterinary Careers and Specializations
Module 5: Health-related Careers
- 5.1 Animal-assisted Therapist
- 5.2 Animal Behaviorist
- 5.3 Animal Chiropractor
- 5.4 Animal Geneticist
- 5.5 Animal Health Inspector
- 5.6 Artificial Insemination Officer
- 5.7 Nutritionist
- 5.8 Physiotherapist
- 5.9 Practice manager
- 5.10 Receptionist
- 5.11 Vet Tech (US) Vet Nurse (UK)
- 5.12 Vet Tech specializations
- 5.13 VSA
Module 6: Pet-related Careers
- 6.1 Animal Control Officer
- 6.2 Animal Cruelty Officer (ASPCA, RSPCA)
- 6.3 Animal Photographer
- 6.4 Detection Dog Handler
- 6.5 Dog Breeder
- 6.6 Dog Trainer
- 6.7 Doggy Daycare Owner
- 6.8 Dog Walker
- 6.9 Drug Company Rep
- 6.10 Groomer
- 6.11 Kennel Attendant/Manager
- 6.12 Pet Adoption Counsellor
- 6.13 Pet Food Salesperson
- 6.14 Pet Sitter
- 6.15 Pet Writer
- 6.16 Police Dog Handler
- 6.17 Service Dog Trainer
Module 7: Animal-related Careers
- 7.1 Animal Behaviorist
- 7.2 Aqua Culturist
- 7.3 Dairy Herdsmen
- 7.4 Ecologist
- 7.5 Equine Dentist
- 7.6 Exercise Rider
- 7.7 Farrier
- 7.8 Foaling Attendant
- 7.9 Fish and Game Warden
- 7.10 Groom
- 7.11 Herpetologist
- 7.12 Horse Identifier
- 7.13 Horse Pedigree Analyst
- 7.14 Jockey
- 7.15 Marine Biologist
- 7.16 Marine Mammal Trainer
- 7.17 Mounted Police Officer
- 7.18 Primatologist
- 7.19 Racing Steward, Starter, Outrider, Licensing Clerk
- 7.20 Ranch Manager
- 7.21 Reptile Breeder
- Wildlife Biologist or Zoologist
- Wildlife Rehabilitator
- Zoo Keeper, Habitat Designer, Educator
The cost of this course is £175 £19 + VAT per participant.
Exams and PDF Certificate already included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...