Bridal & Special Occasions Makeup - CPD Accredited
Weddings are one of the largest event industries, and brides want the best for their big day! Wedding and special occasion makeup is highly desired, and clients are willing to pay for high quality services. As a wedding and special event makeup artist, you have the opportunity to grow your clientele considerably as you master your craft.
Many people do not consider the special circumstances that occur during weddings and events, such as difficult lighting and photography. This course will teach you the ways to apply makeup in the most optimal way, so your clients leave happy.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is perfect for:
- A makeup artist looking to fine tune their skill with bridal and event makeup
- Brides who are looking to master their own makeup for their special day
- Anyone with an upcoming event who wants to elevate their everyday makeup
- Wedding industry professionals looking to add makeup services to their offerings
- Photographers who want to understand what makeup will look best in their photos
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A pdf certificate is already included.
You can also get a hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Training Course Content
When you complete this course, you will:
- Understand the best types of makeup to use for yourself and your clients.
- Master application techniques to enhance features while incorporating requests and trends.
- Learn how to incorporate a color palette into your makeup to coordinate with an event.
- Understand how photography and lighting can effect makeup, and learn how to apply makeup to look best in those situations.
- Learn tips and tricks to increase the longevity of makeup wear, and keep the makeup you apply looking flawless all day long.
- Gain knowledge of product specifics to identify what items work best for individual client.
- Know how to prepare yourself or your bride for the big day.
- Leave armed with information on the business aspect of wedding and events makeup.
Module 1: Face Makeup
- 1.1 Preparing the skin
- 1.1.1 Cleansing
- 1.1.2 Exfoliating & Toning
- 1.1.3 Hydrating
- 1.2 Sunless Tanning
- 1.2.1 What are the options?
- 1.2.2 Application best practices
- 1.3 Face Makeup
- 1.3.1 Different foundation finishes
- 1.3.2 Different foundation formulas
- 1.3.3 Concealer
- 1.3.4 Powder
- 1.4 Foundation Application
- 1.4.1 Brushes – What type to choose?
- 1.4.2 Sponges – What type to choose?
Module 2: Eye Makeup
- 2.1 Defining the eye shape
- 2.2 Application tips for each eye shape
- 2.3 Eyeshadow
- 2.3.1 What are the different eyeshadow finishes?
- 2.3.2 Warm vs. cool tones
- 2.3.3 Bridal eyeshadow color palette
- 2.4 Eyeliner
- 2.4.1 What are the different types of eyeliner?
- 2.4.2 Application techniques for each eye shape
- 2.5 Mascara
- 2.5.1 Choosing a mascara formula
- 2.5.2 Mascara wands and their results
- 2.6 False Lashes
- 2.6.1 Different last shapes, and how to choose the right one
- 2.6.2 How to apply false lashes
Module 3: Lips, Cheeks & Brows
- 3.1 Lip Products
- 3.1.1 Lipstick Types
- 3.1.2 Lip liner – how to apply and use effectively
- 3.1.3 Lip gloss
- 3.2 Cheeks
- 3.2.1 Blush color and application
- 3.2.2 Bronzer finishes
- 184.108.40.206 Effective contouring techniques
- 3.2.3 Highlighter – liquid, cream or powder?
- 220.127.116.11 How to apply highlighter for brides
- 3.3 Eyebrows
- 3.3.1 Eyebrow grooming basics
- 3.3.2 Tools and products to fill in different brows
Module 4: Special Considerations For Weddings & Events
- 4.1 Photography
- 4.1.1 Face makeup and photography
- 18.104.22.168 Foundations that don’t reflect in photos
- 22.214.171.124 Face shaping with makeup for photos
- 4.1.2 Eye makeup and photography
- 126.96.36.199 Shimmer vs. matte in photos?
- 188.8.131.52 Eye enhancing tips for photography
- 4.2 Lighting
- 4.2.1 Makeup for natural lighting
- 4.2.2 Makeup for artificial lighting
- 4.2.3 Makeup for stage lighting
- 4.2.4 Makeup for dim lighting
- 4.3 Durability
- 4.3.1 How to prep the skin to help makeup last
- 4.3.2 Primers
- 184.108.40.206 Facial primers
- 220.127.116.11 Eye primers
- 18.104.22.168 Lip primers
- 4.3.3 Finishing Sprays
Module 5: Bridal & Special Occasion Makeup As A Business
- 5.1Finding clientele
- 5.1.1 Wedding boards, websites and other resources
- 5.1.2 The importance of referrals
- 5.1.3 Creating a portfolio
- 5.2 Preparing for the big day
- 5.2.1 How to work with a bride prior to her wedding
- 5.2.2 Color palette and theme understanding
- 5.2.3 Consultations and trial runs
- 5.2.4 Should you charge a deposit?
- 5.3 Creating your kit
- 5.3.1 Makeup essentials
- 22.214.171.124 Kit essentials – face makeup
- 126.96.36.199 Kit essentials – eye makeup
- 188.8.131.52 Kit essentials – lip & cheek makeup
- 5.3.2 Tool essentials
- 184.108.40.206 Kit essentials – brushes
- 220.127.116.11 Kit essentials – Tools & Accessories
- 18.104.22.168 Kit essentials – Applicators & disposables
- 5.3.3 Hygiene and sterilization basics
- 5.4 Managing event day
- 5.4.1 Working with the bridal party
- 5.4.2 Professionalism during events
- 5.4.3 Payment
- 5.5 Growing your business
The cost of this course is £99 £19 + VAT per participant.
PDF Certificate already Included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...