Do you wish you had the knowledge and confidence to undertake basic repairs and maintenance on your bicycle? Throughout its life, your bicycle undergoes a huge amount of strain and on occasion will require repairs and maintenance to ensure it is in perfect working order. Minor repairs and maintenance undertaken by a bicycle repair shop can be expensive so instead, why not look to learn the skills required so you can undertake these repairs and maintenance yourself. Our Bicycle Maintenance course is the perfect introduction to the basic maintenance required to undertake work on your bicycle allowing you to save cash on expensive repairs.
Learn how your bicycle works and how to undertake minor repairs and maintenance on it. This Bicycle Maintenance course explains fully how the components of your bicycle work and also educates you in the repair and maintenance of these various components. The course modules focus on how these components function and also educate you in undertaking minor repairs and preventative maintenance.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course if perfect for you if you want to:
- Understand how the components of your bicycle work
- Troubleshoot any problems with your bicycle
- Undertake minor repairs to the many components of your bicycle
- Maintain your bicycle to a high standard, minimising repairs required
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A pdf certificate is already included.
You can also get a hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Training Course Content
This bicycle maintenance course focuses on:
- Understanding the components of your bicycle and how they work together
- How to undertake minor repairs on your bicycle
- How to undertake preventative maintenance on your bicycle
Acquire new skills allowing yourself to save money on expensive bicycle repair shop bills. This Bicycle Maintenance course teaches you the skills required to undertake minor repairs and maintenance on your bicycle, helping you cut down on expensive bicycle repair shop bills. They will also educate you in preventative maintenance on all areas of your bike which will help prolong the well being of your bicycle, again cutting down on expensive repairs. The course will also give you the knowledge and confidence to be able to undertake minor repairs while out ‘on the road’, when access to specialist repair may be limited. Having basic maintenance and repair skills is crucial for bike enthusiasts - to help you better understand your bike but also to save you money.
Module 1: Basic Maintenance
- 1.1 Your bicycle explained
- 1.2 Toolbox essentials
Module 2: Tires
- 2.1 Tire types explained
- 2.2 Troubleshooting tire problems
- 2.3 Repairing a flat tire
- 2.4 Replacing a flat tire
- 2.5 Tire care
Module 3: Wheels
- 3.1 Troubleshooting wheel problems
- 3.2 Replacing a wheel
- 3.3 Hub care
- 3.4 Replacing a spoke
- 3.5 Wheel care
Module 4: Chain
- 4.1 Troubleshooting chain problems
- 4.2 Replacing your chain
- 4.3 Chain care
Module 5: Brakes
- 5.1 Troubleshooting brake problems
- 5.2 Adjusting the brakes
- 5.3 Replacing brake pads
- 5.4 Replacing a brake cable
- 5.5 Brake care
Module 6: Gears
- 6.1 Troubleshooting gear problems
- 6.2 Replacing a derailleur
- 6.3 Replacing a derailleur cable
- 6.4 Replacing a gear shifter
Module 7: Suspension
- 7.1 Troubleshooting suspension problems
- 7.2 Adjusting your suspension
- 7.3 Replacing your suspension
Module 8: Pedals And Drivetrain
- 8.1 Troubleshooting pedal and drivetrain problems
- 8.2 Replacing a pedal
- 8.3 Pedal care
- 8.4 Replacing a crankset and bottom bracket
- 8.5 Drivetrain care
Module 9: Steering
- 9.1 Troubleshooting headset problems
- 9.2 Adjusting the headset
- 9.3 Replacing the headset
Module 10: Saddle
- 10.1 Replacing a saddle
- 10.2 Adjusting a saddle
The cost of this course is £299 £19 + VAT per participant.
PDF Certificate already Included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...