Bartender & Barista Training
Have you ever dreamed about impressing a bar full of customers by mixing exotic cocktails and serving them with flair? Or of satisfying the most discerning taste buds in the café with professional, barista prepared coffee? Become a skilled bartender in weeks…
Dream no more – make it a reality! Starting today, you can learn invaluable bartending and barista coffee making skills that give you many advantages:
- Immediately boost your employability.
- Open new doors to places you are now qualified to apply for work in.
- Travel anywhere in the world. With this universal training in your back pocket you can explore anywhere your heart desires and work as you go.
- Move up the ladder in your current employment by impressing management with your new learning.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for you, if you would like to:
- Immediately boost your employability
- Open new doors to places you are now qualified to apply for work
- Travel anywhere in the world With this universal training in your back pocket, you can explore anywhere your heart desires and work as you go
- Move up the ladder in your current employment by impressing management with your new knowledge.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A pdf certificate is already included.
You can also get a hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Training Course Content
During this course, you'll get the answers to all the important questions like:
- What water to coffee ratios do I use for different coffee drinks?
- What's the perfect temperature for brewing?
- What grind settings do I use and when?
- How can I make sure it's a superb cup of coffee and not just average?
- How do the different whiskeys differ?
- What shaking techniques suit which cocktails?
- How can I master free pouring and get quantities right?
- Why is tequila different from other alcohols?
- What do I need to know about serving alcohol responsibly?
Module 1: Before You Start – Tools And Set Up
- Bartending tools
- Setting up
- Essential bar supplies
Module 2: Setting The Stage For Stylish Bartending
- Storing and serving
- Hygiene and safety
- Garnishes and mixers
- Style and presentation tips
Module 3: Mixology And Pouring
- Mixology - Shaking, Mixing, Layering, Blending, Stirring, Straining, Dry Shaking, Muddling, Throwing & Building and Jigger
- Pouring techniques and free pouring
Module 4: Responsibility And Flair
- Cash register
- Customer service
- Responsible serving of alcohol
- Flair bartending
Module 5: Know Your Drinks – Liquors, Liqueurs, Whiskeys, Brandies
- Whiskey – history and how it’s mad
- Types of whiskey – American, Canadian, Irish
- Brandy, Cognac, Armagnac
Module 6: Know Your Drinks – Wine, Beer, Tequila And More
- Vodka, Gin, Rum and Scotch whiskey
- Tequila and Mezcal
- Wine, port, sherry and vermouth
- Beer – keg and cellar management
Module 7: Know Your Drinks – Creams, Sours, Martinis And More
- Two liquor drinks
- Cream drinks
- Sour drinks
Module 8: Know Your Drinks – Hot, Exotic, Highball And More.
- Highball and juice
- Exotic drinks
- Hot drink
- Shooter drinks
- Cocktail recipes
Module 9: Origin And Cultivation Of Coffee
- A look at the coffee bean and its journey to our cups.
- Coffee varietals, cultivars and hybrids.
- How coffee is harvested and processed.
- Roasting techniques
- What happens to taste and quality through processing
Module 10: Preparing To Brew
- Introduction to brewing methods
- Tasting tips
- How to prepare your coffee machine
- Setting your grinder.
- How temperature and humidity affect coffee grinding.
- Filing the handle and tamping the grinds.
Module 11: Grinding And Espresso
- A close look at the grinder
- Cleaning your coffee machine
- Storing coffee and why it matters
- Single bean or blended?
- Espresso trends and shots
- Espresso brew ratios
Module 12: Cream It Up
- Does your cream measure up?
- The science of milk and how it changes coffee
- Steaming, frothing and giving texture to milk
- Choosing your jug and pouring freely
- Being creative with latte
- Coffee menu – Americano, Macchiato, Cappuccino, Mocha etc.
The cost of this course is £299 £19 + VAT per participant.
PDF Certificate already Included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...