Know your pet intimately before getting intimate. Every pet owner knows how intriguing and complex animals can be. Each creature is endearingly individual and full of surprises. Taking care of all aspects of a pet’s life can be a tricky business. Cats can be spirited and mysterious. Dogs can be untameable but adorable. Before we get you to the hands on part of their personal care we spend a lot of time taking you through their psychology so you fully understand their habits, instincts and development first.
4 legs, 2 legs or no legs at all!
All kinds of pets need specific care for their type and we include care on many commonly loved creatures:
- For rabbits & guinea pigs we help you understand the living environment and exercise that’s ideal, take you through common problems and diseases and how to give the best care.
- As well as how to care for hamsters, gerbils, mice & exotic rats, we help you understand their behaviour and how breeds differ.
- Birds need special understanding, from small to large, parrots to birds of prey. Learn about traits, common diseases and how to prevent spread.
- Keeping fish as pets needs careful attention. Discover best practice so you maintain clean and healthy species.
- For those of you who love reptiles, we delve into the world of snakes, lizards, turtles, terrapins & tortoises and outline some common challenges & solutions.
Once you can see things from a pet’s point of view, you’re better equipped to give them a comfortable life and develop a harmonious relationship that’s fulfilling for you and them.
Get started today and awaken your animal instincts!
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will be of great interest to animal lovers and professionals in the pet care industry who would like to better understand the behaviour of animals, how to properly care for pets, and to any learner who is interested in pet care as a future industry to work in. This is also a great resource for those who would like to own animals and want to provide the highest level of care for their pets.
Training Course Content
You'll discover the answers to questions like:
- What's normal behaviour for a dog?
- What level of understanding does my young cat have?
- Are certain traits specific to some breeds?
- What is my puppy trying to communicate to me?
- What do those strange cat sounds mean?
- What's going on with my pet?
We'll also give you good insight into what can cause a pet to be unhappy or stressed with topics like:
- Eating disorders
- Excess scratching
- Separation anxiety
The cost of this course is £299 £29 per participant.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...