ADHD Awareness - CPD Accredited
Are you the parent, teacher or carer of a child who: fidgets a lot? always loses things? is constantly on the go? cannot pay attention? forgets things constantly? It’s frustrating but it may be a sign a child has ADHD. The important thing is to recognize the signals so you can get help straight away. Children - and adults - diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder can be challenging, but it can also be a blessing.
People with ADHD have special gifts - often they’re very intelligent and creative. You can help them to nurture those skills to fulfill their maximum potential and live life to the full. After all, you’re not alone. About 11% of children aged 4-17 years (that’s 6.4 million youngsters) have been diagnosed with ADHD in the US. Through our course you will learn what ADHD is and different ways to live with it. Once you recognize why a child behaves in a certain way, you can understand them better and help them thrive.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course will benefit everyone from parents and family members, to those who work with or come into contact with children and teenagers with ADHD, either professionally or as a volunteer. You may know children diagnosed with ADHD and this will help you empathize with their behavior so you can work with them without frustration, tears or tantrums. If you work with children as a teacher, teaching assistant, classroom volunteer, carer, this course will help you spot the signs that a child may have ADHD and start the ball rolling to get the right help for them. You can also help other children learn about ADHD, whether it's in the classroom or in their club. Our easy-to-use online modules mean you can work from anywhere, at your own pace, to learn how you can help children with ADHD. If you interact with children, this course will benefit you!
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A pdf certificate is already included.
You can also get a hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Training Course Content
With more than one in 10 children living with ADHD in the USA, there’s every chance you’re going to come across them in your family, at work or among your children’s friends. You can gain experience and knowledge to have a better understanding of what they’re going through. You can also learn how to build a stress-free environment that everybody can benefit from.
Working through the course, you will discover:
- Signs to look out for to get immediate help
- Where and how to get treatment for ADHD
- The causes of ADHD for a better understanding of it
- Ways to help children with ADHD learn in the classroom to prevent disruption nurturing children’s gifts to watch them thrive
- How to promote family unity through ADHD education
- How students with ADHD learn differently so you know how to keep them interested
- How ADHD affects relationships to prevent a build-up of tension
- Different ways to set your child with ADHD up for lifelong success
- Special skills of children with ADHD and how to nurture their talents
After completing the course you will have a new perspective on ADHD and a greater understanding of living, working and interacting with people who have ADHD.
Module 1: What Is ADHD?
- 1.1 What does ADHD mean?
- 1.2 Recognizing ADHD symptoms so you get help faster
- 1.3 Preparing for the ADHD test to stop your child getting anxious
- 1.4 Underdiagnosis in girls and how to prevent it
- 1.5 Stress-free ways to prepare your child for life with ADHD
- 1.6 Know the specialist terminology to communicate better with medics and teachers
Module 2: Causes Of ADHD
- 2.1 Understanding what causes ADHD and how it runs in families
- 2.2 Is your home life affecting ADHD? Make changes for the better
- 2.3 Recognizing other medical conditions linked to ADHD
Module 3: Treatments And Classroom Strategies
- 3.1 Getting the right treatment and possible side effects to watch out for
- 3.2 Alternative treatments for ADHD
- 3.3 Know what classroom strategies should be in place
- 3.4 Effective methods for teaching children with ADHD
- 3.5 How parents can help children learn
Module 4: ADHD And Education/the Law And ADHD
- 4.1 What laws are in place to help children with ADHD in the US, Canada, UK and Australia?
- 4.2 Using the law to ensure your children’s educational rights
- 4.3 Understanding what ‘reasonable adjustments’ means
- 4.4 Benefits of inclusion classrooms to meet ADHD students’ needs
Module 5: ADHD Within Families And Relationships
- 5.1 How does ADHD affects relationships
- 5.2 Prevent tension within a family living with an ADHD child
- 5.3 Techniques for building healthy relationships for children with ADHD
- 5.4 How to make sure your child thrives with ADHD
- 5.5 How can parents set their children up for success?
- 5.6 Knowing the challenges ADHD children face and overcoming them
- 5.7 Providing a calm environment for ADHD children to ease stress
Module 6: Living With ADHD / adults With ADHD
- 6.1 Treating ADHD long-term for a full and active life
- 6.2 How to come to terms with growing up with ADHD
- 6.3 ADHD in adults – how to cope with a diagnosis
- 6.4 Ways to positively channel ADHD trademarks to your advantage
- 6.5 Finding a successful career with your unique ADHD traits
- 6.6 Harnessing the gifts of ADHD, such as intelligence and creativity
The cost of this course is £99 £19 + VAT per participant.
PDF Certificate already Included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...