Accounting & Bookkeeping
Do you wish you had a better grasp on accounting?
Everyone, whether you wish to become an accountant or just know more about your personal and business finances, can benefit from a better understanding of accounting and bookkeeping.
The IOA Accounting & Bookkeeping course is designed to give you the basics you need to familiarize yourself with accounting and bookkeeping, to prepare yourself to begin a career in the field, and/or to become a better asset to your business. Wouldn’t you like to:
- Understand the financial side of your business better
- Get a head start on your career in accounting or bookkeeping
- Better understand how to plan for and prepare taxes
This Accounting & Bookkeeping offers you the opportunity to learn more about accounting and bookkeeping and expand your horizons on your own time. Get through coursework anytime, anywhere. The IOA Accounting & Bookkeeping course will prepare you for better business practices and/or a career in the field.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This is an ideal course for those who:
- Want to work in the finance and accounting industries
- Own their own business and want to ensure all accounting and bookkeeping is done correctly
- Already do accounting and bookkeeping and wish to update their skills
- Are interested in the world of accounting and bookkeeping and wish to explore the various tasks that accountants are expected to do
- Wish to add value to their current job by bringing more skills to the table
- Are planning on opening a small business and want to increase their knowledge of accounting
Outcome / Qualification etc.
A pdf certificate is already included.
You can also get a hardcopy ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
Training Course Content
The IOA Accounting & Bookkeeping course is specially designed to make this seemingly insurmountable topic accessible and easy. This focused and specialized course modules will walk you through accounting and bookkeeping step-by-step, making sure you leave this course confident and ready to tackle the financial world.
This course will focus on:
- The importance of basic accounting practices
- Keeping and balancing a business payroll
- Tracking business inventory and making sure everything adds up
- Keeping track of cash and balancing currency
- Proper bookkeeping practices
- Profit analysis and shareholder equity
- Reporting taxes and preparing your business for an audit (whether internal or external)
- Get an IOA education on your own time
Module 1: Beginning Accounting
- History of accounting
- Why is accounting important?
- Decisions you must make
- Jargon, or how to speak like an accountant
Module 2: Types Of Accounting
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Tax accounting
Module 3: Making Sense Of Your Accounts
- Organization The accounting cycle
- Using computers for accounting
- How does computerized accounting work?
Module 4: Keeping Inventory And Tracking Sales
- Purpose of inventory
- Keeping up with inventory
- Keeping track of sales
- Balancing cash
Module 5: Controlling And Managing Expenses
- How to control expenses
- Balancing your payroll
- Long-term asset acquisitions
- Financial liabilities
Module 6: Avoiding Illegal Accounting
- Improper accounting procedures
- Avoiding shortcuts
- Famous accounting scandals
Module 7: Introduction Into Bookkeeping
- Importance of bookkeeping
- Single-entry bookkeeping
- Double-entry bookkeeping
Module 8: Proper Bookkeeping
- Balancing and testing your book
- How to adjust entries
- Financial statement preparation
- Profit analysis
- Liquidity, and how to test it
- Why is internal control important?
Module 9: Tracking & Reporting Taxes
- What are business taxes?
- How to report year-end numbers to the government
- Finishing and closing your books
Module 10: Handling An Audit
- External auditor
- Internal auditor
- Cost auditor
- Performance audit
- Quality audits
The cost of this course is £299 £19 + VAT per participant.
PDF Certificate already Included in price.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...