120 hour TEFL / TESOL Certificate
The smart, fast and budget-friendly way to get your TEFL qualification is by studying online with International Open Academy. Sign up for our 120 Hour TEFL/TESOL CPD Certificate Course and you can instantly learn how to teach English abroad. Teaching English is a wonderful way to make money while travelling anywhere in the world.
Our TEFL/TESOL course is self-paced so it’s up to you how long it takes to complete the modules, pass the exams and gain your qualification. Make sure your passport is up to date - you’ll find a huge demand for your skills as an English teacher in all corners of the world.
KEY COURSE BENEFITS:
- Lifetime access - No time limits - Study at your own pace
- Internationally-recognised CPD accredited course
- Start learning straightaway from any laptop or mobile device in any country
- Immediate certificate download when you complete the course
This fully-accredited TEFL course will enable you to:
- Travel the world while teaching English
- Teach online from your home or overseas
- Teach immigrants in your own country
- Help people gain a better education by learning a new language
- Get a job at an English academy anywhere in the world
- Offer bespoke lessons to businesses abroad
- Teach private one-on-one lessons
- Teach English online
- Work as an au pair, nanny, or childminder
- Provide classes for the hospitality and tourism industry overseas who cater for English-speaking tourists
- Become a teaching assistant in a school
- Set up your own business as a freelance teacher
- Go on to use the train the trainer approach and pass your new-found skills on to others
- Gain a better understanding of language and English grammar to improve your own language studies
Our complete TEFL/TESOL course will walk you through all you need to know to be a successful English teacher and also offers handy tips on the recruitment process.
Sign up, start learning and get ready to begin your amazing journey of a lifetime. Start the 120 Hour TEFL Certificate course today.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Everyone who wants to teach English to speakers of other languages whether at home, abroad or online
- People looking for a way to make money while travelling
- Teachers looking for a refresher course or seeking new methods and lesson plans for their students
- People working as an au pair, nanny or childminder who want to add a new service to their clients
- Students looking for an interesting working holiday abroad
- People interested in education and educating others
- Volunteers working overseas who can see the benefits of teaching English
- Anyone who wants to understand more about the structure of language, linguistics and English grammar
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Will I get a TEFL/TESOL certificate?
Yes, for your certificate you need to complete the course and successfully pass each course module with a score of 55% or more. You can also get the ICOES certificate for a small fee to cover printing and posting.
This is your super opportunity for your own personal development too. Meet new people, understand new cultures and explore new worlds by teaching abroad. Enrol today.
Training Course Content
Your TEFL/TESOL qualification will open so many doors. English is the universal language of business, which means there are countless opportunities to teach while you travel.
Our online accredited TEFL/TESOL course is compiled by an experienced teacher. He will show you:
- Teaching methods and English grammar
- How to keep your students motivated
- How to plan lessons
- Where to look for TEFL teaching jobs
- Tips on surviving interviews
- How best to prepare for life in a different culture
How is the TEFL course assessed?
By studying TEFL/TESOL online with IOA, you do not have to wait to sit an exam or pay extra for it. At the end of each module, you will take an exam and know your score immediately.
TEFL Course Syllabus
Module 1: Teaching and learning
- Understanding cultural backgrounds
- The importance of first language
- Getting started
Module 2: Linguistics
Module 3: Reading
- Developing reading skills
- Auditory and visual discrimination
- Forming associations
- Reading for purpose
Module 4: Writing
- Sentence structure
- Creating new knowledge
- Informative and explanatory writing
- Persuasive writing
Module 5: Speaking
- Sounding out words
- Reading out loud
- Responding to questions
- Presenting new ideas
Module 6: Listening
- Decoding sounds
- Repeating what you hear or transcribing
- Paraphrasing what you hear
- Conversational English
- Using what you hear to present new ideas
Module 7: Pedagogy
- Understanding motivation
- Know where you’re going
- Constructive criticism
Module 8: Lesson planning
- Standards and objectives
- Following a curriculum
- Varying instruction
- Teaching strategies
- Meaningful assessments
Module 9: Classroom management
- Setting expectations
- Choosing your battles
- Unique strategies
Module 10: Getting a TEFL job
- What do you need?
- Building a resume
- Possible TEFL destinations
- Interview techniques: What are they looking for?
- Preparing to join a different culture
The cost of this course is £499 £29 per participant.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
IOA courses are created by an expert team of professional online educators with a depth of experience across a variety of industries. Get hands-on knowledge and insider tips on new skills or careers that interest you most. With over 600,000...