Medical Secretary Distance Learning Course - Certificate / Diploma / Advanced Diploma
This distance learning Medical Secretary course combines key elements from the medical science, healthcare and office administration professions in a unique syllabus designed to prepare you for a career as a medical secretary.
The distance learning programme follows the guidelines and the professional requirements for office administration in the healthcare industry, as well as providing up-to-date insights about the organisational tasks of medical secretaries in today's medical environment.
By completing this course, students will gain advanced theoretical and practical preparation in a professional field with permanent workforce demand. What's more, the distance learning format will allow them to free up valuable time, studying at their own pace from wherever they are without having to spend time and money travelling to and from the course location.
The course is available at Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma Level and takes, on average, between 14 and 31 weeks to complete.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Medical Secretary Distance Learning Course is designed to meet the professional demand of practitioners in the office administration area who want to adjust to the demands of the healthcare industry. Additionally, this course prepares medical science enthusiasts without prior experience who want to gain the necessary skills to immediately perform as medical secretary.
Choose from 3 course levels
This distance learning course leads to the awarding of either a Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma depending on which level you enrol at, the course content and the type of assessment:
- Certificate Level: Suitable for basic entry level positions this level represents a basic level of operational knowledge with general knowledge.
- Diploma Level: Suitable for those with personal responsibility and autonomy (semi-independence) in performing technical operations or organising others in the workplace.
- Advanced Diploma: Suitable for those expect to be involved in significant judgements, planning, and leadership/guidance functions related to workplace products, services, operations or procedures.
There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level. Participants may enrol directly into the diploma or advanced diploma levels without completing lower ranked qualifications. Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions and skill capabilities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This ICI distance learning course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC).
On successful completion of the course you will receive:
- A graduation certificate officially recognising your successful completion of studies and qualifications as a medical secretary
- Transcripts indicating units completed
- Letter of recommendation and validation for current and future employers
- Post-nominal letters placed after your name which indicate that you hold the relevant qualification. For example: John Smith, DipMDs
- Job search assistance: Graduate Career Services Programme
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
- Medical Definitions, Prefixes & Glossary
- Abbreviations & Acronyms
- Using Medical Terminology
- Human Systems & Anatomical Divisions
Maintain Patient Records
- Monitor & Review
- Accessing Records
- Maintenance of Records
Prepare and Process Medical Accounts
- Provide Advice to Patients About Fees
- Process Referrals to Specialist Practitioners
- Prepare and Process Medical Accounts
- Organise Appointments
Maintain Workplace Safety
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Word Processing Software
- Office Computer Systems
- Letter Structure
- Editing & Proofreading
Confidentiality & Privacy in a Medical Environment
- Codes of Conduct
- Confidentiality & Privacy
- Security Procedures
- Telephone techniques
The cost of this course depends on the level chosen, and prices are as follows:
- Certificate £498
- Diploma £798
- Advanced Diploma £998
All materials essential for course completion are included in the cost of the course fee. Upon enrolment, students receive:
- All required study materials and course notes
- Practical assignment projects with constructive tutor feedback
- Industry based tutor who will service all of your course and career questions and guidance needs
Start your new career today with ICI's Distance Learning & Home Study courses
The International Career Institute (ICI), provides career development online courses for individuals and businesses, helping professionals across all industries to build and improve their skills and career performance. You can study at home, in your own time, at your own pace. Designed...